H&R Lowering springs

Craig Webb

Morning all,
I want to lower my t28 Highline 102 but cant decide on spring set
H&R seem good but a few people have reported issues.
whats everyones thought, are there better springs out there or just a bad batch of H&Rs

H&R issues only seemed to be on the T32 springs not heard of the issues on the lower rated ones

I'm toying with H&R springs also, I understand B14's are the best but at five times the price, I dont think I will get the full benefit. I want a subtle lower but make the van still comfy and usable on rough tracks and campsites.

Where do people get theirs from?

Andy

I have the 40mm on a T32 and the when empty the rear end clatters over potholes/speedbumps, sounds like a bag of spanners in the back !
I have had three sets on there as the first were terrible and these current ones seemed ok when fitted (12 months ago) but has slowly got worse and worse but i now know that exploria have some kind of plastic or rubber pieces that fit into the coils to stop them touching each other and making the noise so going to pursue that first if not its going to be B14s whens funds allow

I'm going to fit a set of -40 Cobra springs to my van. They were recomended to my by a company that lowers a lot of Transporters. In this chaps experience the Cobra springs are a little more supple in a lightly loaded van.

I have the 40mm on a T32 and the when empty the rear end clatters over potholes/speedbumps, sounds like a bag of spanners in the back !
I have had three sets on there as the first were terrible and these current ones seemed ok when fitted (12 months ago) but has slowly got worse and worse but i now know that exploria have some kind of plastic or rubber pieces that fit into the coils to stop them touching each other and making the noise so going to pursue that first if not its going to be B14s whens funds allow
I would be interested in these rubber pieces as my H&R springs do the same on my T32. I know you can some rubber bits that fit in the coils off ebay / amazon pretty cheap like these but not sure if they are the right thing to use 18-28MM RUBBER COIL SPRING AID SUSPENSION ASSISTORS CAR/TOWING CARAVAN/TRAILER | eBay

Thats not what i am talking about, the ones i mean are more like thin slivers that are shaped to the coil so they just place a couple mm between the coils and stop them touched/jangling

Custom vanz 40 or 50mm eibach springs. Little bit more than the h&r but would really recommend them

Thats not what i am talking about, the ones i mean are more like thin slivers that are shaped to the coil so they just place a couple mm between the coils and stop them touched/jangling
Oh ok I would be interested in them if you find out more

I cant find the post but someone else had them fitted by exploria and had a problem with one coming off while they were abroad and posted some photos of them when they got back to the UK, will have another search

That's the one cheers, have messaged them will report back as and when

Last edited:
That's the one cheers, have messaged them will report back as and when
Hiya @Pauly it was me that had them fitted by Exploria, they have been on about 3 or 4 weeks now with no issues whatsoever, no sounds at all from the springs.
They ones I had on before these were more like a piece of hosepipe that ended up wearing through and causing all sorts of banging noises while we were away in France.

I have 0rderd some of the silencers today but I am away in Devon so wont get them until next week, Exploria were very helpful as they dont usually sell them

@Pauly did you fit the H&R springs yourself, are they a simply job? Looking to order a pair but working out if I can feasibly to the change myself or get a garage to do it. I know I need a set of spring compressors which will cost a bit to buy.

I got a garage to do it, for what it cost thought it would be easier to get them to do it on a ramp

Definitely get a garage to do it, can go scarely wrong with compressed coil springs if you don't know what your doing. On the T5 people used to jack the strut out of the hub to make the job easier.

Back