[Guide] Underside Engine Cover + Fitting Kit -- How I Done It --

Dellmassive

T32 204 DSG LWB SLN PV MY18 & T30 SWB KMB MY67
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Master
Seems to look ok . . . . . .

but for £57 delivered with six fixing bolts? . . . . too good to be true - or just cheap rubbish?

1598205366446.png

i think ill take a punt and give it a go . . . . .

watch this space for a fitting Fail or Fitting joys

107.JPG

More info over here > Dellmassive`s -- "how I Done It" -- Thread

Here we go the wait is over - all the answers here. . . . . . . @Pauly

This time is a video =]

Last edited:
Be interested to hear your feedback. I would be interested if it reduces noise/drag by smoothing out the underside a bit.

I like the look of that but the cynic in me doesn't hold out hope the 6 fixings matching up but hopefully you'll get lucky.

I like the look of that but the cynic in me doesn't hold out hope the 6 fixings matching up but hopefully you'll get lucky.

Yep, the feedback seems to look ok. . . . . . .

and it looks like that`s all they are selling on there ebay shop (under trays for loads of different motors)

well see what happens when it arrives.

I think i need one, i done a service on a 2004 BMW 530d the other day and was amazed how clean the under-body, gearbox, engine bay area was behind the covers.

it can only only help the long life of the van, just need to keep an eye on it when the van goes into VW for a service that they remember to refit it.

That’s crazy that a panel van doesn’t get one. I’d have hoped at £42k mine would have one, but hey ho, you can’t have it all.

It’s not just MY18 it’s any PV from inception

yep, our MY08 and MY11 PV`s neither of them come with one . . . . . .

oh well gota cut cost somewhere right . . . . lol

It’s not just MY18 it’s any PV from inception
Mine has one (MY16 PV). A little bit of thought went into it as it has a handy little clip at the back end which make fitting an absolute doddle (normally you need three hands!)

Seems to look ok . . . . . .

but for £57 delivered with six fixing bolts? . . . . too good to be true - or just cheap rubbish?

VW Transporter Multivan MK5 MK6 MK V MK VI Under Engine Cover + Fitting Kit | eBay

i think ill take a punt and give it a go . . . . .

watch this space for a fitting Fail or Fitting joys

I bought this one

F22D104F-8688-4F47-8529-2B331BC5B38A.jpeg

Holes matched up. Fitted fine. Ten minute job.
I didn’t need the plastic clips as i didn’t buy the sound deadening.
And considering it came from Poland it arrived pretty quickly.

Unless I'm missing summat, my MY16 PV has a factory fitted one, I didn't order it as an extra.

Back