It’s a proper pita, silicone spray is what I used and it def helps. One thing I did was use 7 core trailer cable, it’s even more of a ballache to get through but it means you’ll only have to do it once if you later want to power something else.
Sounds like a good idea.

@osman I'm currently fitting a reversing camera to the tailgate in the same position as yours - however I'm struggling to get the cable from the camera to the flexible rubber sleeve at the top. I've used a fish tape but it keeps getting stuck. How did you do it? BTW yours looks a super neat job!
I threaded a chopstick wiped with washing up liquid then attached the cable with tape and compressed and stretched the rubber sleeve to drag it through

yes in the above shot you can see where I brought through the cable it's neat and easy to get at on the other side.
No, i was thinking about lube but just about managed without it.. i used a hairdryer to keep the rubber sleeving warm as it was also freezing cold when i was trying to get the damn cable through...
oh and I also used a totally different sized (much smaller in fact just big enough) rubber grommet for the cable, the one Kenwood supply is ridiculously oversized and would require drilling a huge hole
@osman I’m about to do this same job. Did you use double sided sticky tape to secure the Kenwood camera in place or did you screw it in place?

Back