[Guide] Mobile Solar Panels ? . . . - How I Did It -

just use whatever solar panel you want . . . and get a seperate solar MPPT controller.

or.

stick using the CTEK solar input, but get 2x smaller panels (below 23v voc and run them in parrallel. .)

eg 2x 100w in parallel @ 18v voc
can you connect the other mppt controller to the c-tek?

can you connect the other mppt controller to the c-tek?
No, you run it allong side the CTEK.

Ctek deals with the dc-dc..... when engine running.

3rd party unit deals with the solar..... ie victron or other.

No, you run it allong side the CTEK.

Ctek deals with the dc-dc..... when engine running.

3rd party unit deals with the solar..... ie victron or other.
I ment could I put mppt output into c-tek solar input or would I have to run them total seperate?

I ment could I put mppt output into c-tek solar input or would I have to run them total seperate?
You’d have to run them totally separately, the CTEK has an inbuilt MPPT so expects to see the raw output from the panel

that looks good, right size as well
Seems to work well, at the moment on the drive which is between 2 houses so not in full overhead sun the TR16 monitor is showing no discharge with the fridge running (with no sun it shows a discharge of 3 - 3.5A) so hopefully in full sun will provide enough to keep the battery charged for a weekend away with no EHU. I also got one of these at the same time to run the Cello solar powered TV, folds up a lot smaller than the one that came with the TV so easier to pack away. The quality of both panels seems quite good.

its too long, need it to go across van at the rear but will sent my friend that link for his van
Worth a look through all their panels, some are 23.9V, others are below 23V and higher wattage. I particularly like the ones with the round rear cable entry as it makes installation very simple vs those with a larger squarish cable entry.
did you just stick it on with sealer?
Here’s mine. Stuck down with Sikaflex.

046D900C-0647-4A4B-8385-D9B98B5A9892.jpegF139315E-FA9E-4D49-BE3C-86CBDC3E1BE8.jpeg

Worth a look through all their panels, some are 23.9V, others are below 23V and higher wattage. I particularly like the ones with the round rear cable entry as it makes installation very simple vs those with a larger squarish cable entry.

Here’s mine. Stuck down with Sikaflex.

View attachment 112653View attachment 112654
yes m8, saw yours before, very nice, I don't want pop top at this time so unsure how to mount, it will need to be at the rear away from pro bars and hullavator Im installing from my old t4, i have not ruled out a seperate mppt though

Good day all, looking to tap into the wealth of knowledge here please. I have a just purchased the 150w dokio panels and a Victron 75/10. To hook these up to my leisure battery do I not use the mppt controller that came with the panels, remove the et60 connector on the current wiring and replace with mc4's and then run these to the Victron?

Thank you in advance

Good day all, looking to tap into the wealth of knowledge here please. I have a just purchased the 150w dokio panels and a Victron 75/10. To hook these up to my leisure battery do I not use the mppt controller that came with the panels, remove the et60 connector on the current wiring and replace with mc4's and then run these to the Victron?

Thank you in advance
Yes you do that.

Just be mindfull of the polarity.

Back