[Guide] How To Line Your Own Van.

Its great to hear you are impressed by our designs and finish.

I'm afraid we don't offer postage on the ceilings you could opt to collect one however to be honest it only takes us about 1 to 2 hours to fit one once we have made it up so it would be better to just let us do it as then you have a 2 year warranty on the install.

With regards our split rear quarter panel design there are a couple of ways of fixing them in place but we went through a lot of trial and error to find a system we are happy with. Obviously we tell our paying customers exactly how we do it if they ask and have told a few friends in the industry over the years but we don't give away all our secrets publicly as I'm sure you will understand. ;)

I've attached my top quarter panels using velco as there's no existing holes for hidden fixings but im not happy with it as they come lose when the side of the van get hots and the glue in the velco softens. I would like to use a fixing that's a bit more solid - any chance you could reveal your system :whistle:

IMG_8113.PNGIMG_8113.PNG

I used 4mm ply from CustomShopDesigns to replace the cardboard oem that were carpeted over. I used some tailors chalk to trace the outline of them and then cut an inch or so inside that line. REmoved carboard ones and restuck the edge. Carpeted the new ones with hidden clips all from Harrison Trim Supplies.

I used 4mm ply from CustomShopDesigns to replace the cardboard oem that were carpeted over. I used some tailors chalk to trace the outline of them and then cut an inch or so inside that line. REmoved carboard ones and restuck the edge. Carpeted the new ones with hidden clips all from Harrison Trim Supplies.
im not sure we are talking about the same panels, I dont have/want the full height rear panels that Custom shop designs do, mine are set into the recess but theres no holes for the hidden clips to hold the panel in hence velco or magnets

Ah, I see. Velcro would be a good solution. The carpet sticks to velcro like a good un. So good I used it to fix my CTEK DC-DC charger and the fuse box to an offcut I used under my drivers seat. I only needed the 'hooked' side. Its a really firm grip too. Really firm.

I thought I would share a little something new we are offering with you guys at Slidepods!
We get asked all the time to incorporate "Halo" roof lights into our lining work, Personally I am not a fan of these as whilst they look smart in photos in the flesh I find they can look cheap and gimmicky. I also hate the fact you can see all the individual LED lights and dont get me started on colour changing.........
Now this is an each to their own situation, If you like colour changing lights thats cool and more power to you! but its not for us at Slidepods.
However due to overwhelming demand we decided to create a mood lighting package for our customers. This consists of x4 dimmable warm white LED lights in the C pillars and lower rear quarters, x3 dimmable LED lights in the roof lining, x2 dimmable led lights in the tailgate panel and x2 side shine led strip lights enclosed in a 6mm thick aluminium profile that incorporates a diffuser to give a constant bar of light rather than lots of little dots.

Anyway we hope you like it, We certainly do especially in this subtly Star Wars themed van! :thumbsup:

IMG-20210125-WA0004.jpgIMG-20210125-WA0003.jpg

Thats really very nice. One point I will mention about colour changing lights is that when camping and its dark and all the flies are out, then opening the doors with white lights will attract all the flies/bugs into the van. Having the LEDs set to red will stop this happening. Just my 2p worth.

Never thought of that but I'm afraid I'm not converted!
I don't mean all the led strips that do the fancy flashing patterns that people have on the flagpoles, I would agree with you on that. I mean some LEDs to give a constant red light.

Its still not really our bag to be honest when it is done on a halo roof as there is just too much coloured light and its a bit over powering. If it is super subtle mood lighting like those found in the door cards of a Golf GTi or R then yes that is nice. I'm totally open to having my mind changed on this but just haven't seen anything to date that has been my bag. :thumbsup:

Its still not really our bag to be honest when it is done on a halo roof as there is just too much coloured light and its a bit over powering. If it is super subtle mood lighting like those found in the door cards of a Golf GTi or R then yes that is nice. I'm totally open to having my mind changed on this but just haven't seen anything to date that has been my bag. :thumbsup:
I get that, I swapped the light bulbs in the slider step to red LED, thats quite subtle. Bonus is the red doesn't ruin your eyes dark adaption when you get out of the van in the middle of the night.

Reactions: CAB
I use red lighting for when I park up in a non camping area for the night. It doesn’t attract attention.

This ceiling looks great!

Can you advise what the dimensions of the LED strips are ?
I am assuming the headliner fabric is not foam backed or if it is how did you get it to shape to the design ?

I have been searching, and I cant find a solution for what to do with these holes for the tailgate before carpeting. For the life of me I cant remember what I did on my last van.

Any ideas?

Screenshot 2021-11-25 at 15.10.57.png

Back