Golf Lightswitch

Spaghetti

T6 Conversion
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Can anyone confirm if an OEM Golf MK6 light switch will work in a T6. Plug looks similar, and they’re both auto light switches. Thanks

Thanks mate. Just wanted to find one with the chrome trim rather than the boring black plastic. :D

Does that one pull out on Auto lights for the fogs?

I know there's a Polo one that does, someone fit one on here somewhere

I find that pulling-out switching a pia and wish we nice little buttons for front and rear fogs..

I’m not sure on the Golf one @RedUn but I’m only interested in it as it looks better. It’d be interesting to see whether the one that @Littleblackflash fitted does that though.

I looked at the one on eBay more closely, and it didn’t have front fogs :thumbsdown: even though it had auto lights!

I’d rather keep it OEM as I note there are loads of Chinese made switches out there.

I find that pulling-out switching a pia and wish we nice little buttons for front and rear fogs..

My BMW (1 Series) lights work in a much better way than the van.

1. They turn on at a sensible darkness level.
2. The fogs are on momentary push buttons, so you can’t accidentally leave them on next time you start the car.
3. You don’t have to turn the lights ‘on’ to turn the fogs on. If it’s foggy, but not dark, just press the fog lights (front or rear) and it puts the dipped beam on, and the fogs. Next time you turn the lights or ignition off, they reset.

The indicators and auto wipers are better too, if you leave them on accidentally, next time you cycle the ignition, they are off. No more scraping dry blades over a screen as you’ve left the wipers on!

Come on VW!

Not sure about the mini @Tourershine but the buttons are a little more difficult to locate in the 1 Series, as they’re basically flush, but I prefer their operation.

Not sure about the mini @Tourershine but the buttons are a little more difficult to locate in the 1 Series, as they’re basically flush, but I prefer their operation.

The Mini has 2 small buttons basically down to the right of the steering wheel where you have to look hard to find them, not knowing which is the front and which is the rear, all whist trying to drive in the dark. Awful design where the old centre dash toggles were much better, but give me a switch that pulls out any day.

The Mini has 2 small buttons basically down to the right of the steering wheel where you have to look hard to find them, not knowing which is the front and which is the rear, all whist trying to drive in the dark. Awful design where the old centre dash toggles were much better, but give me a switch that pulls out any day.

Sounds a similar operation to the 1 Series, but I prefer the logic behind it, even if I have to fumble about for a few seconds locating the buttons!

Yea I know what you mean, but talking of driving in the dark, those matrix LED lights are mental

Not as mental as Sports mode and that exhaust pop and bang.
I love driving that thing. Every petrol head needs to experience the drive of a new Mini Cooper S. Old school characteristics with old school power.

Not as mental as Sports mode and that exhaust pop and bang.
I love driving that thing. Every petrol head needs to experience the drive of a new Mini Cooper S. Old school characteristics with old school power.
I was warned against buying the new Cooper S, but it's a blast - I have the ALL4 too, so grip is amazing. You can get the three mode buttons, (Sport, Normal, Eco) reprogrammed with separate 'maps' too;-)

I’m not sure on the Golf one @RedUn but I’m only interested in it as it looks better. It’d be interesting to see whether the one that @Littleblackflash fitted does that though.

I looked at the one on eBay more closely, and it didn’t have front fogs :thumbsdown: even though it had auto lights!

I’d rather keep it OEM as I note there are loads of Chinese made switches out there.
Check this out

Headlight Switch Bling Upgrade ?

Cheers Rich,

I’ve put an offer in on a genuine one on fleabay, and if not, I’ll pick up a new one. Just don’t like the plastic feel of the original one. Not very tactile! Happy new year to you and yours BTW.

Back