Transporter oem rear interior led lights to rocker switch lights

op84

hello
i have a 2018 t6 transporter which had those oem led always on when door open rear interior lights.. i bought the original rocker switch lights - installed them. so far so good.. i can turn them off or with door open/close works too.. but the on switch for the light does not work. is there any easy fix? i suppose its because there is no current when the door is shut as the oem leds have no switch..
thanks in advance!

Sounds like you're missing a permanent earth connection. You should have 3 wires going to the light. Red/black is +12v, Brown/red is door switched -12v, Brown permanent -12v.

If you're missing the latter just add the extra wire and ground it to the body somewhere. That should sort your issue.

Sounds like you're missing a permanent earth connection. You should have 3 wires going to the light. Red/black is +12v, Brown/red is door switched -12v, Brown permanent -12v.

If you're missing the latter just add the extra wire and ground it to the body somewhere. That should sort your issue.

thanks a lot for your quick reply - legend! i will try that!

yeah i noticed that, factory fit led interior lights only get two wires to the plug
fatory fit halogen lamps get three wires to the plug

I added a switch to my rear tailgate light also and not the red LED does not light up. I can live without the little red light... but thanks for the info Deaky. Everyday is a school day!

This has just helped me, so thank you for posting. I saw a post from 2013 on t4 forum. Turns out the wiring colours are the same, but in a different order!

Back