Glowplug light flashing

Seen you around Tesco roundabout I have the same colour in LWB. Waiting to be converted

Driving along at a steady 50mph today and cruise disabled itself and the coil light started flashing. I had a lot less power but managed to drive the 10mins to my destination.

Cut the engine and re-started and all seemed fine again.

My T5.1 is 8 years old and hasn't had a single problem. My T6.1 has been plagued with issues.

You need to get the error codes read with Carista or similar. The coil light is used as a general "there's a problem" warning.

Pete

Driving along at a steady 50mph today and cruise disabled itself and the coil light started flashing. I had a lot less power but managed to drive the 10mins to my destination.

My T5.1 is 8 years old and hasn't had a single problem. My T6.1 has been plagued with issues.

6.1?! What have the issues been? How old/mileage? :thumbsdown:

6000 miles, collected in January.

- Android Auto wouldn't work, took six months and several visits to dealer to solve
- Heat sheild under van has come away
- Driver door would pop open when driving
- And now engine management issues

Possibly EGR issues.... do you do a lot of short journeys?

6000 miles, collected in January.

- Android Auto wouldn't work, took six months and several visits to dealer to solve
- Heat sheild under van has come away
- Driver door would pop open when driving
- And now engine management issues

That’s a shocker. Hope you get it sorted at no cost to you.

Not used van for a couple of weeks so decided to run it yesterday. Driven about 40 miles half rural half city. Also filled up with premium diesel from a rural filling station. This morning set of again in van and coil light was flashing. Drove 30 mile to work mixture city and rural, light still flashing also stop start not working. Drove home tonight no flashing light but stop start still not working.
Never had this in over two years.
Any ideas. Could fuel have been old? Could 2 week not running have done it?
Never had a regeneration light come on and had van from new. Always similar sort of driving although we have not been for a big run for a while.
Try to maintain 2000 revs when out driving. I now drive in 3rd gear at 30 mph which gives 2000 revs and is more fuel efficient.

My work VW Caddy which is leased is like this at the moment. AA diagnosed the Nox sensor. Does the same, resets itself and loss of power.Stop / Start never worked from new.

The van hasn't done it since. It's booked in to the workshop in Thursday (it's taken this long for there to be an available appt) but should I bother? It's a lot of hassle if there isn't actually a problem.

If it was mine, I’d get it diagnosed and checked as if it does it again, there’s a record and it shows as a repeat problem. It’d give you more leverage.

Hi,

Got my van from a camper converters about a month ago. The van went back to the converters with a few snags (conversion related not engine), and when it returned I had the engine management light on and flashing glowplug light.

Took it to a local garage who did a diagnostics and the turbo boost control solenoid A was the fault, they replaced this and the fault had gone away and all looked to be ok all this weekend.

Drove it to work this morning and just the glowplug flashing light came on after driving for a couple of minutes and stayed on for the duration of the journey.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Possible miss diagnosis?

Did they give you a copy of the fault codes?

Have you got Carista to scancfor codes yourself?....

I would take it back to that local garage.

It could be the same code again if the garage didn`t follow any fault finding to determine if the solenoid was the cause or the effect of the fault. " turbo boost control solenoid A " may actually not be faulty.

Possible miss diagnosis?

Did they give you a copy of the fault codes?

Have you got Carista to scancfor codes yourself?....

I would take it back to that local garage.
Thanks, will get the garage to have another look this afternoon. Will give Carista a try as well.

Or changed the wrong solenoid?
Of it is the small hir hose connected to the solenoid?
It could be. He did say it could be a wiring issue if the solenoid was not the problem, but replacing the solenoid seemed to cure the issue for a couple of days.

Back