Genuine vw rear bike rack

No two ways about it, the rack oozes quality. But it would be very easy to forget the extra height when entering a drive through, car park, low bridge etc. Just thought it was worth throwing out there for anyone considering a rack

called JCT van centre in sheffield and T6 bike rack is £640!!! WTF!!!
on VW site in accessories bike rack looks like old T% shape, but could be wrong.

Thanks for confirming what I'd started to realise, for me it's just too big and bulky and takes away the whole point of being under 2m high and SWB, so being able to just treat it like a car.

Think its about 40cm when closed.... I agree it does add length when carry bikes but as far as parking its quite high so is usually over the bonnet of cars (even if they dont like the idea of that!).

My bikes dont stick up over roof line that much....

IMG_0550.JPG

Well I've just taken ours off for our Euro trip - the paintwork seems okay (phew) but the protective tape is looking a bit rough. Anyone know if you can get a replacement set? I think it's just helicopter tape but it would be nice to have the right shapes. I also need to apply it a bit better "next time!"

Back