Genuine vw rear bike rack

Hi All,
Thanks for all this info. Its all great so I wont ask the same questions again. I will replace my struts so just down to choosing the rack.
Im not really going to ever carry more than 2 bikes so looking at the Fiamma T6 Pro for 2 bikes. Anyone have experience of it?
Also looking at the Atera for T6, which apparently ISNT the Linea... and is only for 3 bikes minimum, but getting information out of Atera is like getting blood out of a stone. they really dont understand customer service and questions.
so if anyone has long term review/experience info of either I would be most grateful.
Thanks again.
Pete
I have picked up a bike rack from the dealer a couple of weeks ago. When I got it home and opened it on all the metal bends it is all marked as if the finish on is missing. If you rub the frame with your hand you can feel that it is rough on the bends and smooth on the straights. I took it back and the 3 he had in are the same. Also the i have looked at ones fitted including a customer of ours and they are the same. It looks like a fault and for £500 it isn’t very good has anyone else seen this ?.

Hi All,
Thanks for all this info. Its all great so I wont ask the same questions again. I will replace my struts so just down to choosing the rack.
Im not really going to ever carry more than 2 bikes so looking at the Fiamma T6 Pro for 2 bikes. Anyone have experience of it?
Also looking at the Atera for T6, which apparently ISNT the Linea... and is only for 3 bikes minimum, but getting information out of Atera is like getting blood out of a stone. they really dont understand customer service and questions.
so if anyone has long term review/experience info of either I would be most grateful.
Thanks again.
Pete

5116B64B-FCD5-4E2A-8E9A-44EDB9F65F98.jpeg

3DA48982-5F29-411C-8EB4-42FB745DD630.jpeg

9BE7FAB3-566F-497A-8870-CDA97F0EA002.jpeg

I picked up a bike rack from the dealer a couple of weeks ago. When I got it home and opened it on all the metal bends it is all marked as if the finish on is missing. If you rub the frame with your hand you can feel that it is rough on the bends and smooth on the straights. I took it back and the 3 he had in are the same. Also i have looked at ones fitted including a customer of ours and they are the same. It looks like a fault and for £500 it isn’t very good has anyone else seen this ?.

If they’re willing to sell them off cheap then they’ll be a right steal if you want to paint it another colour.

But that’s me being optimistic.

I have picked up a bike rack from the dealer a couple of weeks ago. When I got it home and opened it on all the metal bends it is all marked as if the finish on is missing. If you rub the frame with your hand you can feel that it is rough on the bends and smooth on the straights. I took it back and the 3 he had in are the same. Also the i have looked at ones fitted including a customer of ours and they are the same. It looks like a fault and for £500 it isn’t very good has anyone else seen this ?.
I have just been to look at mine and it is exactly the same - I would assume it’s the way they are ‘formed’ and they will all be like this?

I have just been to look at mine and it is exactly the same - I would assume it’s the way they are ‘formed’ and they will all be like this?
I just think for £500 and being VW that they shouldn’t be like that. My concern is that as I want to keep itfor a long time will this become a problem as it will be carrying a lot of weight.
I don’t think that this day and age that there is any excuse for poor finish. They are getting 3 more sent in but I guess that they will be the same.

Ours is the same too.

Done over 10,000 miles with 2 bikes on so I think they are OK! :thumbsup:

D.

Ours is the same too.

Done over 10,000 miles with 2 bikes on so I think they are OK! :thumbsup:

D.
I’m sure it will be ok but if you sell a high end item for a high end price I think it should be finished to a high standard. I’m going to see them on Monday so I’ll report back on what they say.

Hi Gents, I finally did get the Atera, although I really dont recommend anyone try to deal with the Germans... they really cant communicate and come across as abrupt and rude; but Roofbox were great. The Atera rack for the T6 is great. Whilst its for 3 bikes and I wanted space for 2, the quality of this rack is awesome. I dont have any of the issues from Dave F's pics so I agree, if you pay top £ you should get top quality. Send it straight back.

Hey Dave F, what happened? Curious.
They have had the rep in and he has taken photos of the fault as they ha 6 delivered and they are all the same. I have looked on vans that have already had the fitted and they are all the same. I am keeping the one I have and as soon as they get to the bottom of it they are going to replace it. I still think they will sell the ones they have as it’s harder to see when they are on the van. Thanks

Its good that you raised it then. Seems the QC check has let some slack work through. If no-one complains they wont see it. But you will lose out later if you decide to sell the rack as it will look like you battered it!
Cheers

At the end of the day, the rack is to be used to carry bikes! (unless it's just for show). You will end up with more serious marks where the rack clips in a out on the uprights and the base. It doesn't matter how much you clean it, road grime will still get between the clips and cause abrasion marks.

Use it and enjoy it......

D.

I had my genuine vw one that i’d powder coated black stolen off the back of my van Tuesday night. Caused some damage too. If anyone gets offered a damaged (I should imagine) black t6 bike rack with epoxy glued bolt heads (hence them having to wrench it off) that has 3 locked and therefore useless bike restraints attached let me know . Less than a week before my holiday too I’m estatic.

I had my genuine vw one that i’d powder coated black stolen off the back of my van Tuesday night. Caused some damage too. If anyone gets offered a damaged (I should imagine) black t6 bike rack with epoxy glued bolt heads (hence them having to wrench it off) that has 3 locked and therefore useless bike restraints attached let me know . Less than a week before my holiday too I’m estatic.

What area?

Back