Genuine vw rear bike rack

superflyguy

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Looking at getting a bike rack for the rear of the t6 , has anyone got the vw one ? And is it worth the cash. If not recommend one.

Tailgate or Barndoor? I'm looking at getting a tailgate one. I need one for 4 bikes so I think it will be a VW one. Best price I've seen is Bawny at £495 delivered (gulp!)

Have you got a link for it ?
Im in Plymouth happy to go scope it out for you

Have you got a link for it ?
Im in Plymouth happy to go scope it out for you
Hi pauly
My internet skills are pants but it's heading is Volkswagen t6 , I can get a new one for £455 so I'd have to take delivery into account , thanks for the offer my friend

I've messaged the guy on eBay. It looks good but he wants pick up only and wants £400 for it.... Might as well get new for that!!

I can't seem to find a Fiamma T6 for tailgate that takes 4 bikes??????

Whats the benefit of the tailgate mount?

Im my eyes it would be easier to have tow bar mounted and less chance of damaging the paintwork.

@mhill
I don't have a tow bar fitted and don't think I would have any other use for one, so my preference is tailgate mounted

Whats the benefit of the tailgate mount?

Im my eyes it would be easier to have tow bar mounted and less chance of damaging the paintwork.
Even if you do have a tow ball, the tailgate mount lifts the bikes clear of lighting clusters and number plate meaning you don't have the hassle of getting a separate lighting board, etc. Also, carrying the bikes higher means that you have more chance of carrying bikes and towing a trailer (I have tow ball mounted rack on my Defender but I can't use when I'm towing the boat because there is no clearance - hoping the T6 allows me to do both - measurements suggest I will be able to).

Last edited:
From my experience VW rack cost much more but it works perfect. Very easy and fast load unload bikes and somehow it feel strong enough to use it forever...

Not sure if already mentioned but totally agree OE rack great, however no good if have a tailgate spoiler so went for towbar rack and can get 4 on at push, but designed for 3 and solid

Not sure if already mentioned but totally agree OE rack great, however no good if have a tailgate spoiler so went for towbar rack and can get 4 on at push, but designed for 3 and solid
Your correct @Mark Woodhouse , this is one of the reasons I haven't had a rear spoiler fitted as I was told about the issue. So vanity is dropped for practicality this time . I must be getting old.

Back