1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front fogs.....none LED bulbs

Discussion in 'Exterior Styling, Bodywork & Detailing' started by BiTurbo, 5 Aug 2016.

1. BiTurbo

BiTurbo Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Front fogs, always looked yellow as I've not driven in the dark that much. Noticed tonight they are halogen, therefore look yellow compared to the headlamps.
    Has anyone upgraded their fogs with LED bulbs or similar?

Thanks Rob

2. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member Admin Moderator VCDS User

Map
    Amped likes this.
  3. mark

mark Member VCDS User VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    I had a spare set after removing them from a previous vehicle so tried them out on the T6 and they work well. No errors and no flickering with the slow start up. The yellow light from the standard fogs just looks silly against the LED's and a complete waste of time as the light is not powerful enough to visible against the headlights. The led fogs are bright enough to actually help now and the cornering function dose now work - although with the LED headlights having a WIDE spread of light its not really needed tbh. But at least that yellow lights gone !

Pauly and Roca like this.
  4. Rob

Rob Senior Member Moderator VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    I too have changed mine to the same as Pauly and give out a far nicer white light.

Pauly and BiTurbo like this.
  5. BiTurbo

Just looking at putting a pair of LED bulbs in, considering I had the LED light option package. Thought that would of meant all the lamps on the motor would have been led to be fair.

Pauly likes this.
  6. Roca

Roca Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

@mark what make are your LEDs?
    @BiTurbo i was a little disappointed that the whole lights aren't led :( will have to change the indicator builds as well as I hate the orange look standard ones throw.

7. BiTurbo

Got some chrome indicator bulbs to fit in about 10 mins. Look chrome but flash orange.

Pauly and Roca like this.
  8. Caravellet6

Caravellet6 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Just ordered some as well!

9. RattyMcClelland

RattyMcClelland Senior Member T6 Guru

I'm putting 3000k yellow bulbs in mine. The yellow the better when it comes to fogs.

10. DaveBos

DaveBos Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Cheers for the link @Pauly just ordered them.

11. mark

mark Member VCDS User VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    Fish, BiTurbo, Roca and 2 others like this.
  12. DaveBos

Map
    Impressive....wish I'd ordered those

13. Caravellet6

Map
    As the expert here Mr Pauly, are the fog lamp bulbs easy to fit? Had a quick look and the whole damn lamp is surrounded by plastic?

14. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member Admin Moderator VCDS User

Map
    Turn the steering to full lock and there is a pop off plastic cover on inner wheel arch directly behind fog light then once inside its a simple unplug twist and pull affair.
    My covers were very very tight to pop off, couldnt budge with fingers i got an extra large plastic trim removal tool and flipped off with that

15. Rob

Rob Senior Member Moderator VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Mine was an absolute pain to remove as well. I ended prising until the point that I though I was going to break something and then it finally popped off.

Pauly likes this.
  16. Caravellet6

Map
    Thanks guys at least I know what to break!
    "If in doubt give it a clout"

Rob likes this.
  17. DaveBos

Map
    Just fitted these tonight, 5 minute job, much better effect, not as white as the LED's but a great improvement. Thanks for the link @Pauly , good price.

Amped likes this.
  18. Amped

Amped Senior Member VCDS User VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Something else to order now!

19. BiTurbo

EBay bulbs ordered! Thanks fellas

20. Caravellet6

Map
    image.jpeg What a difference! Can you spot the old fog light and the new one?

BiTurbo, Northside, HHO and 3 others like this.