Front fogs.....none LED bulbs

BiTurbo

Heavy Plant Inspector
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Front fogs, always looked yellow as I've not driven in the dark that much. Noticed tonight they are halogen, therefore look yellow compared to the headlamps.
Has anyone upgraded their fogs with LED bulbs or similar?

Thanks Rob

I had a spare set after removing them from a previous vehicle so tried them out on the T6 and they work well. No errors and no flickering with the slow start up. The yellow light from the standard fogs just looks silly against the LED's and a complete waste of time as the light is not powerful enough to visible against the headlights. The led fogs are bright enough to actually help now and the cornering function dose now work - although with the LED headlights having a WIDE spread of light its not really needed tbh. But at least that yellow lights gone !

Just looking at putting a pair of LED bulbs in, considering I had the LED light option package. Thought that would of meant all the lamps on the motor would have been led to be fair.

@mark what make are your LEDs?
@BiTurbo i was a little disappointed that the whole lights aren't led :( will have to change the indicator builds as well as I hate the orange look standard ones throw.

Turn the steering to full lock and there is a pop off plastic cover on inner wheel arch directly behind fog light then once inside its a simple unplug twist and pull affair.
My covers were very very tight to pop off, couldnt budge with fingers i got an extra large plastic trim removal tool and flipped off with that

Mine was an absolute pain to remove as well. I ended prising until the point that I though I was going to break something and then it finally popped off.

I dont have LED units but didnt like the yellow head/fog lights so changed mine for philips crystal vision H11 fogs & philips white vision H4 headlights - both 4300K matching colour output

Philips Crystal Vision H11 4300K Car Headlight Bulbs (Twin Pack of Lamps)
Philips White Vision Xenon Effect Upgrade Car Headlight Styling Bulbs

Just fitted these tonight, 5 minute job, much better effect, not as white as the LED's but a great improvement. Thanks for the link @Pauly , good price.

Back