1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front fogs.....none LED bulbs

Discussion in 'Exterior Styling, Bodywork & Detailing' started by BiTurbo, 5 Aug 2016.

1. Rob

Rob Senior Member Moderator VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    I've got the same and they look so much better but I bet that cap to get to them was a pain to remove

2. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member Admin Moderator VCDS User

Map
    Yeah its hard to see the difference in pictures but i find them much better on the road, much better looking when its dark

3. DaveBos

DaveBos Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Yes the left is new, doesn't show up on a camera well.

4. Caravellet6

Caravellet6 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

Map
    Yes, could not shift mine so like @Pauly said, took a big trim removal tool to it still no joy then used my noggin and went for the side not bottom and they pop of easy as you like.

Rob likes this.
  5. BiTurbo

BiTurbo Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

They arrived today. Fitted in minutes...... Wow what a difference..... One happy man..... Thanks for the link fella. Will defo recommend changing to these...

6. StudleyGlass

StudleyGlass 150 DSG Kombi Highline Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Mine have come to.....oh got no combi to put them in SH%!

BiTurbo likes this.
  7. BiTurbo

BiTurbo Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

I need to fit some chrome indicator bulbs now, but had a quick look tonight. Looks a tricky job.

8. Paul Morley

Paul Morley Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
  9. VanBlanc

VanBlanc Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

I get the point but I just wonder what happens to hi power fog light bulbs in real fog. I seem to recall that lots of light simply glares back at you?

Nickdaw likes this.
  10. C5 VWT

C5 VWT Senior Member VIP Member T6 Pro

Map
    Fitted some LED fog bulbs on the weekend, WOW, such a difference, all proper H11 beam just nice and white IMG_2210.JPG IMG_2214.JPG

Loz likes this.
  11. T6 Dave

T6 Dave Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

@VanBlanc , I'm wondering the Same, although I think that being lower than the headlight and with a flatter and wider spread it should be ok. Would be interested to hear people's experiences now that we're into the foggy season.

12. Loz

Loz California 204 DSG 4Motion MY17 Admin Moderator VCDS User VIP Member

Map
    They look nice and the beam pattern looks good also, which lamps did you get then?

13. C5 VWT

Map
  14. Paul Morley

Map
    Did the bulbs you ordered
    from amazon fit in the housing ok with that heat sink on the rear or the bulb

15. C5 VWT

Map
    no problems at all, there is loads of room behind the bulb, literally took about 5 minutes to fit

16. Paul Morley

Map
    Thanks for the info just wondering if the H4 Bulbs i mentioned in an earlier post will fit the standard H4 lights now but the price is a bit offputing

17. Loz

Map
  18. C5 VWT

Map
    that was my only slight concern when ordering them, but, all work perfectly with cornering and dim/fade :thumbsup:

19. Loz

Map
    Excellent, going on my list..

20. Loz

Map