Front fogs.....none LED bulbs

I suppose if you can't match the white, go for yellow..

I was going to go for yellow originally but I thought the yellow forward light was now outlawed in construction and use?

@Thogg ?

the inevitable has happened, noticed this morning that one of them is flickering on cornering :-(
Lets hope its just a loose connection. Not noticed mine playing up - but then I rarely get to drive it.

So can anyone on here recommend a good H11 replacement (not bothered what colour ) that won't dazzle other road users?

So can anyone on here recommend a good H11 replacement (not bothered what colour ) that won't dazzle other road users?
I'm happy with my LEDs but if you are looking for a Halogen brighter replacement the PIAA lamps gets good reviews.

I suppose if you can't match the white, go for yellow..

I was going to go for yellow originally but I thought the yellow forward light was now outlawed in construction and use?

@Thogg ?
I've only just seen this... there's probably an irony there somewhere!
anyway......

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/made

Scroll to the fascinating:

SCHEDULE 6 requirements relating to optional front fog lamps

number 7 - colour. white or yellow.

sorry about the delay!

Not outlawed, yes, need some yellow filters now..

Cheers for the "light" reading material @Thogg :eek::D:rofl::thumbsup::whistle:

I did note some interesting points, will have to read it better though, and refer to con & use as well. There is no max wattage mentioned under the section below, BUT the bulbs MUST be marked and a filament type if fitted to a filament light, that's why they have different fittings on LED bulbs.

Sorry, was ref the H4 saga in wattage, but the section ref filament bulbs deals with our upgrades from a filament to an LED hybrid replacement.

PART IIRequirements relating to optional dim-dip devices and running lamps
There is no requirement relating to an optional dim-dip device or an optional running lamp.

(Regulations 18 and 20)

SCHEDULE 4

PART IRequirements relating to obligatory dipped-beam headlamps and to optional dipped-beam headlamps to the extent specified in part ii

Last edited:
Installed LED fogs and light out warning bulb now on dash, anyone had to fit plug and play resistors for LED fogs ??

I have the same lamps, no errors and look fine (much nicer white) not sure how much brighter they are though, I also ordered the LED indicator lamps but they didn't wrk correctly even though they were supposed to be can bus friendly, got a refund.

Back