Fridges & Cold Beer -- How I Done It --

@Dellmassive Did that bag for your 35l Dometic? If so would you mind sharing where you got it from please. Might get one for mine

why dont you try one of these????

cheap enough to try right?

1596899522125.png

why dont you try one of these????

cheap enough to try right?

View attachment 80733
Yeah I found that yesterday. It’s too small. I found the measurements for the BA3220 fridge and then compared to mine. I guess the 40l one will be the right size. Wasn’t able to find one yesterday but I’ll keep looking.

Great write up @Dellmassive ......

Our journey regarding keeping stuff cool was one that many have followed..Cool bag...Cool box 12v...along with many freeze blocks..
The setup of your van will lead the path you follow as how to power your fridge/cooler ..Fully converted..day van...work van and also the availability of EHU ....Regarding EHU we in the past have been let down and not having multiple batteries and solar had to cut short our travels...but things change so leisure battery and solar went in....we still for the past 18 mths rely on a trusty Dometic Acx40g
As @Dellmassive said...gas can’t be used in the van unless the vehicle is vented but we setup a kitchen area in our tent so when on gas it works very well ( small gas bottle will last about 22hrs ) A 3 way is not everyones cup of tea but it’s a trade off especially with cost ....
We see technology changing at a pace...and thanks to some very Knowledgeable members and great reviews we learn what’s next
So carry on Chilling :cool:

Can you use the Dometic Acx40g in an awning when using gas?

Hi @welshbaron ....If by awning you mean tent ..Yes you can .....If you mean awning ( open sided ) ..Answer still yes but as with anything gas ...wind is an issue as long as it’s out of direct wind it’s fine....it just has a small pilot light which is well shielded....
We think it’s a great bit of kit ...250g cans last about 22hrs but when on EHU we use 240v ...so flexible

super hot day today . . . .

lets see how the beer fridge is doing . . . . . .

and how our little temp monitors are doing . . . .

flir_20200811T133617.jpgflir_20200811T171759.jpgScreenshot_20200811-165811_ThermoPlus.jpgScreenshot_20200811-165818_ThermoPlus.jpgScreenshot_20200811-165856_ThermoPlus.jpgScreenshot_20200811-165928_ThermoPlus.jpg

Yes as above . . . you can.

but . . .

The Official answer is NO - Never use a fuel-burning appliance to heat your tent or awning

remember VENTILATION, VENTILATION, VENTILATION,

when running on gas its consuming the oxygen/air

and producing odourless Carbon Monoxide . . .

as above wind is also a factor.

For additional peace of mind, we recommend you also use a carbon monoxide (CO) alarm in the vicinity of the appliance. If you get a CO warning when using the fridge or find it difficult to light you should stop using it immediately and get it checked out.

1597176084692.png
Safety Tips
  • Never take a barbecue into a tent, awning, caravan or motorhome.Even a cooling barbecue gives off plenty of poisonous carbon monoxide (CO), which can kill.
  • Never use a fuel-burning appliance to heat your tent or awning.Gas and kerosene heaters – unless they are permanently fitted in a caravan or motorhome – should only be used outside. Stoves and barbecues are designed for cooking not space heating.
  • Never run a gas, petrol or diesel-powered generator inside a caravan, motorhome, tent or awning. Make sure fumes from a generator don’t blow into your unit or anyone else’s from outside either.
  • Don’t cook inside your tent or awning
  • Don’t use any other gas, charcoal, liquid or solid fuel appliances inside a tent or awning. Gas-powered fridges and lamps, for example, also need plenty of ventilation to prevent them producing poisonous carbon monoxide. Tents and awnings aren’t generally designed with this in mind.
  • Consider using a carbon monoxide (CO) alarm, provided it is suitable for the condition you intend to use it, check with the supplier/manufacturer, though it should never be used as an alternative to the precautions above.
  • Always have gas appliances in your caravan or motorhome serviced regularly.
Spotting the danger signs of CO poisoning
You cannot smell, taste or see carbon monoxide but it can kill quickly and without warning. Early stages of carbon monoxide poisoning can give symptoms similar to food poisoning or flu, though without a high temperature.

• Symptoms to look out for include: Headaches; dizziness; feeling sick; tiredness and confusion; stomach pains or shortness of breath
  • Higher concentrations can give more severe symptoms: Symptoms of intoxication; vertigo, as if the environment is spinning; loss of coordination; breathlessness and high heart beat rate; seizures or unconsciousness leading to death

Carbon monoxide will KILL

1597175919764.png

Beware carbon monoxide poisoning.

I factory restored my phone... And imported the system backup.., (due to chrome browser on phone issue where return or delete key made the on-screen keyboard disapear. !! The restore didn't fix it.... I then found out it was a browser issue)

Moving on....

For some reason the temp app restored a bit screwey .. so I binned it off

I downloaded this one and added the devices back in.

Basically same as the other app. But working again....

Screenshot_20200909-145950_ThermoPlus.jpgScreenshot_20200909-145956_ThermoPlus.jpgScreenshot_20200909-150005_ThermoPlus.jpgScreenshot_20200909-150022_ThermoPlus.jpg

Hi there has anyone got the internal dimensions for The polarbox 52l cold side and cool side
And the Vitrifrigo VF45P cold side and cool side
I am torn between the
polarbox and the Vitrifrigo VF45P
At the moment are they both about the same quality build
Thanks
Rob

** NEW PRODUCT **

New Temp & Humid monitor, £15 !!!

Better range, better APP, better battery life, more data resolution . . . . and now if finally sends you alerts to your phone !!!

great for beer & food fridges, also Lithium Battery & van temp monitoring.

New APP too , , , ,

now 50m range,

There are 3 modes of use for this device: Sensitive mode, Normal mode and Energy saving mode.

The refresh rate of the 3 modes is 1-3s / 3-9s / 6-18s, and the battery life is about 4-6 months /12-18 months /18-24 months.

1600767811093.png
ORIA Wireless Thermometer Hygrometer, [Upgraded 50m Range] Mini Bluetooth 5.0 Humidity Temperature Sensor with Data Export and Notification Alerts Push for iOS Android for House, Wine Cigar, Baby Room

• 【Bluetooth Temperature Sensor】- Bluetooth V5.0 temperature sensor offers you a temperature range of -20 ℃ ~ 85 ℃ (-4 ℉ ~ 185 ℉) and a humidity range of 0 ~ 95 % RH. Simply monitor temperature and humidity data in the Sensor Blue app. The wireless real-time monitoring keeps everything under control. When the mobile phone receives data from the thermometer, the distance to the sensor should be no more than 50 meters without any obstacles.
  • 【Precise & 3 Modes】- Built-in high-precision MEMS sensor provides more accurate data. The temperature accuracy: ± 0.3 ℃ ~ ± 1.2 ℃ (± 0.5 ℉ ~ ± 2.2 ℉); the humidity accuracy: ± 3% ~ 5%. There are 3 modes of use for this device: Sensitive mode, Normal mode and Energy saving mode. The refresh rate of the 3 modes is 1-3s / 3-9s / 6-18s, and the battery life is about 4-6 months /12-18 months /18-24 months. It can meet your different needs.
  • 【Reminder and Calibration】- The temperature and humidity alarm reminders can be set. When the temperature exceeds the set temperature and humidity range, the bluetooth sensor will send a notification to your mobile phone. The temperature / humidity can also be set by yourself. If you think the temperature and humidity are not accurate, you can do a manual calibration.
  • 【Data Storage and Export Function】- The device records historical temperature and humidity data, which can be saved for 20 days or exported to a mobile phone. The time interval for the export of historical records can be selected: 1 minute, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 60 minutes, 12 hours, 24 hours. The device can export records within a maximum of 20 days.
  • 【Multiple Installation Methods】- Equipped with 3 accessories: lanyard, back clip and strong adhesive. It can be hung with a lanyard or clamped in place with a back clip, or it can be glued in place with adhesive where it needs to be placed. The app can be downloaded and installed directly from the Apple Store and Google Store, which is safe and reliable.

had it in testing for almost a week . . . its great.

much better range, the APP resports the alarms now too.

1600768134818.png

1600768148390.png

1600768165340.png

1600768180677.png

1600768198557.png

heres my data from the last few days . . . . . .

beer fridge . . .

1600768236915.png

1600768254804.png

1600768344853.png

1600768364095.png

1600768374142.png

1600768383928.png

1600768401641.png

1600768418497.png

1600768429309.png

yes you can.

but note that the newest version (as shown above) has a new app.. . . . . which is different to the old app.

so 3x of one type all ok.

and 3x of mixed is ok, but to add the latest version youwill have 2x apps.

i show 4x sensors running above,

1603616837557.png

p10

32l bag is in . . . . but its a bit small for the 40l fridge.

TBC

i got it from here:

View attachment 78894

and already emailed them about the 42L version - they dont/wont be stocking it anymore =[

View attachment 78888View attachment 78889View attachment 78890View attachment 78891View attachment 78892View attachment 78893

so if anybody finds a 40/42L insulated fridgecarry bag cover that fits this style of fridge let me know . . . .

FYI . . . these fridges loose a lot of temp out the sides and base . . . . so even though the top lids bit doesnt fit properly . . . . overall this bag will still benifit and add effectivnes.

@Dellmassive - Do you know the measurements of the bag - wondering if it will fit a 35ltr fridge 69cm x 35cm x 39cm. I am thinking of ordering one.

@Dellmassive - Do you know the measurements of the bag - wondering if it will fit a 35ltr fridge 69cm x 35cm x 39cm. I am thinking of ordering one.
I'm not sure exactly without measuring it....

But other fits the 32l box.

And with the bottom cut out it fits the 40l fridge.

When its Christmas and the main fridge freezer is full up . . . . .

1608910305353.png

These two come out to play and saved the day . . . -22 and -20 now running as auxiliary freezers for xmas.

1608910373394.png1608910386543.png

and the other one . . .

1608910410311.png1608910421021.png

Reactions: CAB
Back