French campsite toilets with no seat? How do you poo!

Stopped at some services in France one time, all the women were queuing for the bogs, whilst all the blokes were just lined up around the bushes.

I'm with DXX on this one - I've been to some real third world sh1tholes that have real third world sh1tholes (or worse). After them, the French ones usually seem alright - maybe not 'take a book with you' standard but not bad in comparison. Generally, we're very spoilt here in the UK.

I'm with DXX on this one - I've been to some real third world sh1tholes that have real third world sh1tholes (or worse). After them, the French ones usually seem alright - maybe not 'take a book with you' standard but not bad in comparison. Generally, we're very spoilt here in the UK.
Unless you are in a nightclub, seems women are ok with wading through bodily fluids after 3 bottles of Prosecco.

Well I've not been in a club for an awful lot of years but even when I did I never ventured into the female toilets!

When I was a Lemans a few years ago we went to a country park for a change of scenery and a swim.Decided to go to the loo and couldn't quite decide what had happened as I entered !! The room was probably 11 foot high and it was covered in poo right to the ceiling .It looked as if a cow with diarrhea had walked in and just farted against the wall.I decided I wasn't that desperate. 10 minutes later a tanker turned up and a bloke went into the toilet with what looked like a fire hose !! A mate decided he couldn't wait any longer went a walk over and came back saying it was the cleanest loo he had been in so far that week .I genuinely believed that toilet hadn't been cleaned for years and I still cant figure out how u can shit 11 foot up a wall:oops:

Last edited:
Well I've not been in a club for an awful lot of years but even when I did I never ventured into the female toilets!
Well neither have I, a mate of mine owned a nightclub and struggled to find cleaners who would do the womens toilets.

At GTI International a few years ago, we'd got there early on the Sunday to get the Golf ready for the concourse. I went in the bogs and everything was overflowing with runny shit. Even the urinals were brimmed. Lovely.

Mexico City airport domestic terminal is a real shocker, see the pyramids that were not built by the Mayans.

Think i ll stay in England after reading this lol ........... think i'd fall backwards trying to squat .... makes using porta loos sound posh even in hi winds lol

Whilst cycling in South of France in 2018, we came across this beauty, which reminded me of family holidays in France in the 70's :oops:

Tricky to use in cycling shoes!

IMG_3784.JPG

Whilst cycling in South of France in 2018, we came across this beauty, which reminded me of family holidays in France in the 70's :oops:

Tricky to use in cycling shoes!

View attachment 109580
i saw these in France so How do you use one i would need to fully de robe ... you line up check your aim apply pressure then need a wee all over your trousers i 'll deffo keep having Hotels in France stuff the camping i ll take the car ha ha ha
the porta - poti in the van is strictly emergency use only ha ha ha

i saw these in France so How do you use one i would need to fully de robe ... you line up check your aim apply pressure then need a wee all over your trousers i 'll deffo keep having Hotels in France stuff the camping i ll take the car ha ha ha
the porta - poti in the van is strictly emergency use only ha ha ha
I think the French keep these toilets for uk tourists on purpose and never use them personally.

How do you use one i would need to fully de robe ... you line up check your aim apply pressure then need a wee all over your trousers

My cousin who likes to wild camp and do as the bears do, told me you need to empty your bladder first before squatting.

Back