Forum Assistance Delivery Service

@Fish not far at all I spend a lot of time working around Bromfield, Ludlow and Onibury as I work for network rail and that's my patch. If you see a network rail van flash you that's me. Yes I've been involved with the works at Onibury but you've only got two days left. Longest diversion route ever in Britain.

@Fish not far at all I spend a lot of time working around Bromfield, Ludlow and Onibury as I work for network rail and that's my patch. If you see a network rail van flash you that's me. Yes I've been involved with the works at Onibury but you've only got two days left. Longest diversion route ever in Britain.

Ha, small world!.
Yeah, typical that the LC was being done the weeks that I have work in Shrewsbury.. 49 is terrible on anyday, add in the ongoing road works and the LC.. it becomes a T6 nightmere..

Evening all.
Just wondering if anyone would be heading down to Bournemouth from midlands next week or so?

Like this idea! Also, I know our vans are very new, but I was watching a VW road trip vid on you tube last night and in America they have a list of contact numbers of VW people who will gladly help fellow VW owners in a crisi in their area. What do you think of us doing something similar?

Like this idea! Also, I know our vans are very new, but I was watching a VW road trip vid on you tube last night and in America they have a list of contact numbers of VW people who will gladly help fellow VW owners in a crisi in their area. What do you think of us doing something similar?

i'd be in for that.
I have a few numbers now of T6F members numbers that have all helped out in one way or another.

Driving from Norfolk to West Yorks tomorrow evening and then back on Sunday. A47 A17 A1 M62. Anybody need anything delivered? I can take the trailer if it's huge.

what a good idea. I am flying up to Glasgow on 13th September to get my first transporter and then driving down to Essex. So if anyone needs / wants anything that will fit in the back of a PV, picked up, dropped off between the two then let me know.

Sorry if anyone was interested but I am no longer going to Glasgow. Complete change of plan and van, now looks like Dorset for a Kombi, back to Essex this Saturday if anyone needs anything. I am going to Busfest so could bring it there if this would be better.

Last edited:
I travel most weekdays from Shrewsbury to Oxford. Happy to help if anyone needs anything picking up.
Only problem I have is, we converted the garage into an annex so would struggle to store anything very big for more than a day or so.

I have just come home from there! I have got family coming down Christmas eve and would bring something as far as poole for you providing its not too big.

Would any one gave any travel plans from midlands to plymouth this week or next that be willing to bring up a box from plymouth pls?

:uh run:
Now, don't all jump on me of how this is a silly idea! I just thought that I would put it out there...

Many off us busy from various auction sites, web-pages and such like. Therefore I was wondering if forum members would be willing to assist in collection / 'pass-on' / delivery assistance.

For instance I was ask a couple of days ago if I could pick something up for a forum member whilst I was commuting around my local area (normally a 60 / 100mile radius), then hold on to it till met up again, which for me is no problem to do. So with so many members dotted around I thought it might be worth asking.

Another example is an item I was thinking of buying was near Exeter, the seller was not willing to post and being over 200miles for me made it harder to bid, but if anyone happened to be passing that area and was willing to collect (with a financial incentive - e.g 0.50p/mile) that would be great, then it would be a case of the next leg, and so forth?

Obviously all payments and agreements would need to be done / in place before hand.
Great idea. However could you imagine @Tourershine being asked to put 250 reclaimed bricks in his van.

Back