Formula 1 Sat Nav

seewhy

T6 Pro
Does anyone else have Lewis Hamilton's Sat Nav? Ours seems to think that it is possible to drive ON AVERAGE at the speed limit. I'm not sure if anyone has told VW about how averages work? So it means that we can't get to our destination at the estimated time. Even driving at 55 in National Speed Limit loses time, and pesky things like junctions and traffic lights are just asking for trouble in built up areas... And just don't get caught behind a vehicle on a country road... I'm waiting for the announcement 'Please overtake at the next opportunity'.

We can easily lose 5 minutes on a 30 minute journey more if we're in built-up areas, and the other day we 'lost' almost an hour on a predicted 3.5 hour trip. I compared it with the free version of Here We Go on my Android phone, working offline, and that was pretty close to what we did - I find it reasonably reliable especially on rural roads.

I have looked for settings that might allow me to adjust it to say 80% of the legal speed limit, but can't find anything.

I do want to keep my licence, but also it might be useful to be able to predict when I'm likely to arrive at my destination - for a meeting, say!

Any ideas how we can adjust this? Or will it eventually work out that I can't average 60mph on a narrow road?

Lol... or juse use Googles SatNav on your phone..... you can never beat ot and its timing is always bang on..

I always set the van satnav.... but double set the phones google satnav.... the van one can do silly things..

You set the speeds in the menu, the defaults I found were a touch low and when new I found my time was always decreasing so I raised them slightly to reflect our true averages

The estimated arrival time on my van seems pretty accurate, however the Garmin on my bike thinks you can travel at faster than the speed limit. On the motorway if I set the cruise at 70 I cant keep up with the arrival time.

You set the speeds in the menu, the defaults I found were a touch low and when new I found my time was always decreasing so I raised them slightly to reflect our true averages
Really. How?

You can adjust the average speed it uses to calculate travel time, think I turned motorway speed from 60 - 70 as it was always running slow

Sat on a beach at the moment will have a look in a bit when I go back to the van

You can adjust the average speed it uses to calculate travel time, think I turned motorway speed from 60 - 70 as it was always running slow

Sat on a beach at the moment will have a look in a bit when I go back to the van
Life’s a beach.....

Did you ever manage to get off that beach? Wondering if you were able to work out how you adjusted your speeds on Sat Nav - I can't find that setting on mine. And I won't ask how you average 70 on the motorway.

Thanks.

Also take into account indicated speed and actual speed...your speedo will indicate your travelling at 70 when your speed across the ground will more likely to be 65 to 67. Most speedos overread.

Back