Fault Status: 01101000
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 115
Mileage: 9674 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2017.11.20
Time: 20:00:08

I've googled it without any luck. Found a T5 owner on the other place who had exactly the same faults after having a new lock following a bump, but his post got no replies. This is really frustrating after carrying out all the mechanical work. The doors all deadlock on the remote and opening any of them shows on the MFD and lights the courtesy light, closing them cancels those as normal.

I've spent 4hrs this morning checking electrical connections and with the laptop plugged in going through all the possible connections on VCDS. I even tried setting the relevant bytes to match a scan from a Cali, as it also has offside sliding door and deadlocks, but no difference. Apart from byte 10 bit 3 that activates the Safelock display in the MFD, all the sections I can find relating to the door locks are contained in byte 0 and byte 4. In byte 4 I tried activating the "internal lock via drivers door button" but it still locked and immediately unlocked all the doors in the same way the switch by the mirror controls does. I tried the "Activation of control activation disabled for lock error", which made it lock and unlock twice each time the button was pressed. Bizarrely it has carried on doing that even after it was disabled!

So the only other options were fiddling around trying all the possible combinations in byte o, which left me with 3 options I can set

1) disabling Safelock puts my system back to what it was before I started this i.e. no deadlocking but with the internal lock/unlock button working fine

2) enable Safelock and I can deadlock with the remote but cannot lock all the doors from inside or use autolock (as they will all unlock immediately)

3) I can engage the 2-motor control. This allows deadlocking with the remote and allows locking of the doors with the interior button without them unlocking - however when pressing the interior locking switch the doors are deadlocked every time and cannot be opened via the internal door handles. They can be unlocked using the interior switch though (not when set by remote). This almost gives me what I want, but would be a safety disaster in event of a crash, or a fire while camping.

If there's anyone who knows about VCDS or the electronics controlling the locking I'd really appreciate you having a look at if there's something I'm missing. I have the right door control modules, the right revision BCM and the right doorlock actuators with deadlocking and yet I can't get it to work. It's just going to be so frustrating if I have to reset it to how it was after all the work and money I've put in to trying to sort this :(

Far-fetched but what about resetting control module by really powering it down – just the fuse or perhaps even total blackout disconnecting battery cable?

Not a T6 but a kind of similar issues http://www.passatworld.com/forums/v...oors-lock-unlock-themselves-video-inside.html
Thanks, in fact I found that one yesterday when I was trawling through everything could find. The Passat uses the same locks and the guy from Brazil also had a Youtube video. For safety reasons deadlocks are banned in America so he had tried replacing deadlock units with non-deadlock units from the states, hence the problem. It's the same problem I'm having but for the opposite reason.

I just don't understand if I have all the same parts as a deadlocking UK van and code it the same why it doesn't work. I've tried leaving the van to sleep but I'm wary of powering it down as I seem to remember someone mentioning that if you do, the protection system kicks in and bricks your stereo. I'm going to post the question on the Rosstech forum, and after that I'll have to decide whether to err on the side of security or personal safety.

Reactions: mmi
Try just pulling the fuses for the door modules first?
Do you know which fuse controls the front door units, there's a lot just marked "onboard control unit"? I've found fuse 44 controls the sliding door.

I have disconnected battery several times for hours at a time, no issues you just have to reset windows up and down and reset the clock

I have disconnected battery several times for hours at a time, no issues you just have to reset windows up and down and reset the clock
Ok thanks in that case I'll do that.

Edit: Come to think of it, so did I when I fitted the Ctek DC-DC charger! I have the memory of a goldfish

Last edited:
I think you have 8 hours before component protection kicks in.

Pulling the power didn't do anything. The only nugget of information I got from the Ross tech forum was the suggestion that the door control modules could differ in the features they can handle but still have the same part number, just having a different "colour code". Does this sound feasible? This is mine, I can't find any hint of colour on it
File 22-11-2017, 20 25 26.jpeg
If that's the case I might have a problem, all the ones on ebay are older versions as the L modules have all been snapped up by those wanting to activate auto fold door mirrors.

Reactions: mmi
Maybe something in this,
this is @Loz 's driver door, Part No SW: 7E0 959 801 Q HW: 7E0 959 801 Q Labels: 7E0-959-801.CLB
this is mine Part No SW: 7E0 959 801 Q HW: 7E0 959 801 Q Labels: 7E0-959-80X-V2.CLB

Thats just the label file that Ross Tech provide and VCDS loads to interface with the module, the software and hardware numbers are the same ?

Thats just the label file that Ross Tech provide and VCDS loads to interface with the module, the software and hardware numbers are the same ?
Dumb moment here, I didn't realise that's what HW and SW meant in the part until you said that :oops: Oh well, another dead end. Thanks

But if our modules are the same, why not try my coding?

But if our modules are the same, why not try my coding?
I have. I even tried your entire module 9 coding even though you have loads of features that I don't have just to see if it switched one particular bit we don't know about that would make it work, but it didn't.

Hmm I think we need to check the wiring diagrams for differences in models ...

Hmm I think we need to check the wiring diagrams for differences in models ...
Yes I'm wondering that now. I checked the wiring as well as I could, the module I got for the driver's door had a cut off plug on it with the right number of wires and the sliding door module wires matched in number and colour exactly, but something is obviously wrong and the coding options are drying up. The only difference I found on the wiring diagrams was a blue wire marked "Safelock vehicles only" on the sliding door, but I had it already anyway.

Main wiring differences I have noticed on locking system is factory fitted alarm or not ?

Also, as well as the coding there may be different software on the module, check that on your scans.

Back