Anyone who knows the difference between the rails for a 2007 and 2016? Does the newest fit the oldest and the oldest fit the newest?

Part numbers for 2007
7H5883183G
7H5883187H
7H5883188H.

Part numbers for 2016
7E5883183A
7E5883187A
7E5883188A

@VWVC might be able to shed some light on this

View attachment 9942 View attachment 9943 View attachment 9944 View attachment 9945 View attachment 9946 View attachment 9947 View attachment 9948 View attachment 9949 So I finally got round to finishing the floor after I had lined the van out, using the original caravelle floor that came with the rails I made cardboard templates both sides of the wheel arches then made thin ply templates and screwed to the top of the floor, took the floor back out then cut the four sections out made up some new pieces with 9mm ply fitted to the floor and put back in retrimmed with new carpet thanks to @slidepods for giving me suppliers details for this job done!

Thinjking about this now, how easy/ difficult is it to get the carpet off the OEM floor. Im worried it might pull lumps of the chipboard away.

The carpet on mine came off fairly easy however around the edges of the rails the board is machined down very thin and it did break off but it didnt seem to have any detrimental effect on the new carpet I think it just acts as a stiffener to hold the carpet up and prevent it sagging down maybe an issue with thin carpet

Hello, just wondering we have a lwb kombi. Our current setup is the kombi rear bench seat and a custom bed that stays in the back and slides out when needed. Is it possible to fit these rails to a lwb? Are the lashing points still available afterwards? I'm not sure I understand the difference between the different numbers of rails etc. Is this work all ok to get approved afterwards? V important for me as here in Switzerland mods are not like in the UK..

Also, and importantly, what storage does the sliding rear bench give you?

hello again, just wondering about this.. where do you guys get the rails and the floors from? i cant seem to find them.. :-( bench seat i have found. Any pics of peoples storage would be great.. under the bench but also at the back - @Deaky am i right you went this route? We currently have a diy pullout for our fridge and storage and i'd want to be able to make sure we can fit all that in aswell otherwise were not winning on storage options.. all help greatfully received! :)

I got my LWB rails And triple seat from Richard At Kernow Transporters. The rails were fitted by Colin at Oxford T5, he also supplied the floor. I have a full width pull out drawer in the back that sits under the multi flex board.

BEC8CC5C-2105-4C87-87C5-ABE9FDA8B957.jpeg40CCE3F7-F2D3-4F2B-A585-48D0AEEE8DD6.jpeg

I got my LWB rails And triple seat from Richard At Kernow Transporters. The rails were fitted by Colin at Oxford T5, he also supplied the floor. I have a full width pull out drawer in the back that sits under the multi flex board.

View attachment 77170View attachment 77171

@scotia. I can second that. I got all mine from Kernow, they did my floor at the same time too. No storage for me yet, still figuring that out. I’m thinking of a custom pod that can fix into the rails either in the front or at the back bit like what slidepods do but smaller.
I do like @Deaky’s drawer but then again his van is amazing!!!

ok great that looks nice - yup i thought deaky had done that. ok i now need to persuade them to send to switzerland :) we'll see... as for the floor and the fitting.. i wish we had a colin at oxford in switzerland...

dumb question, but what happens for bed then? the bench seat flips fwd and backwards - that makes your bed? this is the same height as the multiflexboard? i'd need to see what height it is to see if the fridge fits.. a dometic. i seem to remember seeing a pic of deaky's fridge just fitting - should be good.

Ok, either I need to do a roadtrip to the UK (Oxford!) Or I need to organise shipping (I don't know how) of the bits.. floor might be tricky!! @slidepods you don't happen to do a CNC version split in 3 do you like your floor I saw a while back?!

ok great that looks nice - yup i thought deaky had done that. ok i now need to persuade them to send to switzerland :) we'll see... as for the floor and the fitting.. i wish we had a colin at oxford in switzerland...

dumb question, but what happens for bed then? the bench seat flips fwd and backwards - that makes your bed? this is the same height as the multiflexboard? i'd need to see what height it is to see if the fridge fits.. a dometic. i seem to remember seeing a pic of deaky's fridge just fitting - should be good.
Another option is North West Transporter Parts in Wrexham. I got my rails and a OEM Caravelle floor from there. I know he sources some of his parts from Europe so may be able to help.

ok kernow responded already with a no.. :-( so I've asked in desperation within switzerland but im doubting its possible... there are only two companies..!

Stupid question maybe but If the bench seat is slid all the way forward, can you get access to the back? To put luggage for ex?

Stupid question maybe but If the bench seat is slid all the way forward, can you get access to the back? To put luggage for ex?

I don’t think it leaves you much space to put big items through, no. When all the way forward it can go further forward than if it were a static bench or a 2+1 but we’re only talking a few cm more.

Back