Finaly, T6.1 Configurator With Full Specs And Prices

I have asked for end of April. Will soon be here. I have already started buying stuff for the conversion. Like you I cant wait.
Superb :) I have also been collecting bits. What I would like to do is buy the ply panels with fixing holes in them so I can start carpet lining, but I am a little worried that the holes may be in a different position on a 6.1, or possibly a different shape. What do you reckon?

Superb :) I have also been collecting bits. What I would like to do is buy the ply panels with fixing holes in them so I can start carpet lining, but I am a little worried that the holes may be in a different position on a 6.1, or possibly a different shape. What do you reckon?
I cant be 100% sure but it is my understanding that the main shell is unchanged from the T6.0. The changes are the dash and the exterior front end. So I would take a chance. I am in the process of building a CNC router which I will use to cut the cabinet panels and cover them with metalic flake impregnated expoxy resin. Going for something a bit different.

I cant be 100% sure but it is my understanding that the main shell is unchanged from the T6.0. The changes are the dash and the exterior front end. So I would take a chance. I am in the process of building a CNC router which I will use to cut the cabinet panels and cover them with metalic flake impregnated expoxy resin. Going for something a bit different.
Yeah I was thinking it will most likely be unchanged, thanks.
The cabinets sound interesting, pics would be good once done ;-)

Yeah I was thinking it will most likely be unchanged, thanks.
The cabinets sound interesting, pics would be good once done ;-)
Will do. I'm planning on making a youtube series of the whole conversion

Im hoping to take delivery of a T30 Highline PV, 150 PS, 7sd DSG in May.
Is May the current lead-time or your choice?

I will be ordering mine tomorrow with what I think is a good discount. Does 16% sound about right?

Are these standard dealer discounts for private customers, or just business discounting?

Others mention swivel seats. I drive a 2016 Fiat motorhome with swivel seats, both with arm-rests. They can be reversed while staying inside the vehicle. Do the VW T6.1 swivel seats work the same way?

Are these standard dealer discounts for private customers, or just business discounting?

Others mention swivel seats. I drive a 2016 Fiat motorhome with swivel seats, both with arm-rests. They can be reversed while staying inside the vehicle. Do the VW T6.1 swivel seats work the same way?
The 16% discount can be had by private buyers. Volkswagen Van Centre Preston. Speak to Guy Vincent and mention my name (Lee). The T6 seats will swivel to the rear just like your Fiat.

May was my choice. I have ordered it now and asked for the end of april. I do not know what the actual.lead time is. I think Garney999 was told maybe as soon as December. I have ordered 2 single swivel heated seats with armrests. I do not know if you can stay in the vehicle or not but I dont see why not.
If you retrofitted a swivel base to a t5/t6 twin passenger seat I think that was a bigger job to turn them.

As a private buyer, I was offered the same 16% discount at Preston but looked to beat it elsewhere. I got 16% plus another £50 off and a full tank (80L) of fuel.

Last edited:
May was my choice. I have ordered it now and asked for the end of april. I do not know what the actual.lead time is. I think Garney999 was told maybe as soon as December. I have ordered 2 single swivel heated seats with armrests. I do not know if you can stay in the vehicle or not but I dont see why not.
If you retrofitted a swivel base to a t5/t6 twin passenger seat I think that was a bigger job to turn them.

As a private buyer, I was offered the same 16% discount at Preston but looked to beat it elsewhere. I got 16% plus another £50 off and a full tank (80L) of fuel.
Damn ! I have been robbed with my order then :mad:

Damn ! I have been robbed with my order then :mad:
Haha. Mate you still did ok. I always play dealers off against each other. I had 2 offers that beat Preston. Not by alot but it all better in my pocket than theirs. And the dealer I went with is 150 miles closer to me.

If your happy with your deal then it's a good day.

Haha. Mate you still did ok. I always play dealers off against each other. I had 2 offers that beat Preston. Not by alot but it all better in my pocket than theirs. And the dealer I went with is 150 miles closer to me.

If your happy with your deal then it's a good day.
I know Mate, cheers :). Happy with the deal. Preston is nearest to me so if anyone did beat it I would have travelling costs. Good that we have set a target though :thumbsup:. I just hope it doesn't get beat ……..and if it does, I hope not much :whistle:

I know Mate, cheers :). Happy with the deal. Preston is nearest to me so if anyone did beat it I would have travelling costs. Good that we have set a target though :thumbsup:. I just hope it doesn't get beat ……..and if it does, I hope not much :whistle:
I'm confident 16% is the best anyone will get. It's a good deal on a new model. Shame your not closer. It would have been good to collaborate with our conversions.

I'm confident 16% is the best anyone will get. It's a good deal on a new model. Shame your not closer. It would have been good to collaborate with our conversions.
Absolutely. Been on the forum for some time now and don't even own a VW...until March 2020. Brilliant place to chat and get advice. I did order a brand new T6 last March but cancelled due to the imminent arrival of the 6.1. This time its happening and I am hoping to go to some of the meets (If invited) Maybe see you at one in the future :thumbsup:

Many thanks to all for your replies. I would like a delivery at the end of March/early April, so probably still possible. Been waiting for the 6.1 availability prior to ordering and the wife to makeup her mind!

Preston is also a bit too far, but will investigate more of the nearer dealers. We live in the centre of a circle of about 25 miles radius, with five on the circle +/- 3 miles.

Many thanks to all for your replies. I would like a delivery at the end of March/early April, so probably still possible. Been waiting for the 6.1 availability prior to ordering and the wife to makeup her mind!

Preston is also a bit too far, but will investigate more of the nearer dealers. We live in the centre of a circle of about 25 miles radius, with five on the circle +/- 3 miles.
You are welcome. I would get a quote from Guy at Preston then you have a base to get a good deal locally.

I had 2 other offers which beat Preston and both are closer to London than Preston.

I managed a 10% discount. I felt the dealer was very helpful and it's less hassle to just buy it from the nearest dealer, so I went with it.

I managed a 10% discount. I felt the dealer was very helpful and it's less hassle to just buy it from the nearest dealer, so I went with it.
Well done . When are you getting it?. I understand it's less hassle for you but did you not get a quote from Guy at Preston then ask local dealer to at least match it ?

Well done . When are you getting it?. I understand it's less hassle for you but did you not get a quote from Guy at Preston then ask local dealer to at least match it ?
What colours are people liking. I’m thinking of ordering 6.1 and always wanted cherry red. Just sold my blackberry T6. Anyone seen Fortana red yet..

I've ordered white. I like most colours ( especially red and pure grey) but will be keeping the van for the foreseeable future and find white is great for touching up and hiding scratches. I have a white car and a quick wash, it's like new again.

Back