T6 to T6.1

John the Gas

T30 Highline Van 150 DSG Ir Gry
VIP Member
T6 Pro
I have at last got my new T6.1 Highline T30 SWB 150 DSG so my 2016 T6 Highline T30SWB 150 DSG will be going up for sale. Ordered back in June and was told Feb 23 delivery. Dealer called early November and I got it 18th. Done my own ply lining and fitting out. Worked well as T6 was booked for service & MOT on 25th Nov so had all that done. First impressions are good. It’s same the spec as previous one except I have had a single passenger seat and tailgate so very similar in many ways. Additions are front parking sensors, bigger Adblue tank, better interior lighting, and an upgraded dashboard. Also has an additional cup holder next to gear shift. Previous model had SatNav but couldn’t justify the cost of it so back to TomTom which is actually better. Disappointing that the SatNav could only be upgraded by buying a new SD card for £113!! Even then it’s was still well out of date. At least TomTom has regular updates. Engine sounds quieter. Disappointments are no foot rest for the left foot and it’s awkward to get comfortable. Not sure why the center tunnel is different. There is an access panel with something behind it. I’m sure someone will know? I don’t think the storage areas on the dash are as useable. May be a good thing for me as they will hold less crap! Some switches are in different places. Heater blower now has 6 speeds. Dash looks like my mates 2018 Golf! Overall I’m pleased.

I have at last got my new T6.1 Highline T30 SWB 150 DSG so my 2016 T6 Highline T30SWB 150 DSG will be going up for sale. Ordered back in June and was told Feb 23 delivery. Dealer called early November and I got it 18th. Done my own ply lining and fitting out. Worked well as T6 was booked for service & MOT on 25th Nov so had all that done. First impressions are good. It’s same the spec as previous one except I have had a single passenger seat and tailgate so very similar in many ways. Additions are front parking sensors, bigger Adblue tank, better interior lighting, and an upgraded dashboard. Also has an additional cup holder next to gear shift. Previous model had SatNav but couldn’t justify the cost of it so back to TomTom which is actually better. Disappointing that the SatNav could only be upgraded by buying a new SD card for £113!! Even then it’s was still well out of date. At least TomTom has regular updates. Engine sounds quieter. Disappointments are no foot rest for the left foot and it’s awkward to get comfortable. Not sure why the center tunnel is different. There is an access panel with something behind it. I’m sure someone will know? I don’t think the storage areas on the dash are as useable. May be a good thing for me as they will hold less crap! Some switches are in different places. Heater blower now has 6 speeds. Dash looks like my mates 2018 Golf! Overall I’m pleased.

The nowhere for the left foot is always mentioned, here’s my first dumb question
Is this a manual problem? Or DSG too? My A3 DSG has a proper footrest for the left foot, I expected that would be used?

The nowhere for the left foot is always mentioned, here’s my first dumb question
Is this a manual problem? Or DSG too? My A3 DSG has a proper footrest for the left foot, I expected that would be used?
DSG too.

The dash storage areas are imo woeful , really they should have rubberized the surface then at least you would not have to watch and listen to all and sundrie items wallowing about. VanX iirc do some very nice rubber inserts for the door pockets that I can highly recommend fit very well.

The footwell thing is irritating coupled with the non height adjustable swivel seats I struggle to get truly at ease while driving always feel a bit high up on a perch rather than “in” . The rest of the van I like

Could the floor and foot rest for the T6 be picked up and moved to a new T6.1?
Dunno mate - think I've read not, but others would need to confirm or refute that.

one you get used to the T6.1 lack of foot rest, i find it much better-er.

in that you can stretch your leg out fully.

in fact once back in my T6 i found myself doing the same and stretching out my left leg past the wedge (on a DSG van)

the wedge cant be swapped as the floor plate/tunel section is different.

eg:

The adaptations
To a large extent, the body has been taken from the previous model.
There are changes in the body structure inthe area of the bulkhead and the underbody.
To differentiate it from its predecessor model, the design of thefront end has been changed.Significant adaptations to the body:• Lower part of plenum chamber partition panel• Mounting plate• Wing• Front bumper cover• Support piece• Pedal floor• Inner sills

1708245932111.png1708246047443.png

Back