Finaly, T6.1 Configurator With Full Specs And Prices

Bobbych

T6.1, Highline 150 DSG in conversion
T6 Pro
After a long wait I found the T6.1 Build your own link on the VW Van site.

Im hoping to take delivery of a T30 Highline PV, 150 PS, 7sd DSG in May.

Build Your Own T6.1

Just priced up what my current spec van (as it came from the dealer) would cost if I ordered a 6.1. Just short of £44k - wow! The plan was to keep mine for 8-10 years but I fear the gap will be too great in future to jump into newer models

My spec came in at £45K:( but I can get a decent discount so takes a nice chunk off:).

The 6.1 comes in £10k more than I actually spent. If I factor in my discount the same (or equivalent van) is going to be around £5k more - that’s a big hike. Especially when the main elements such as engine, DSG, drivetrain are essentially the same.

I have a lot of questions - questions I doubt a dealer will be able to answer until they're being built.

Like when specifying two front seats, why doesn't the passenger seat have arm rests?

Why do I have to remove the bulkhead to have an electric tailgate?

etc.

I have a lot of questions - questions I doubt a dealer will be able to answer until they're being built.

Like when specifying two front seats, why doesn't the passenger seat have arm rests?

Why do I have to remove the bulkhead to have an electric tailgate?

etc.
Yes, I also had issues with the configurator. When I spec a rear camera it says I have to remove the tailgate window. I will know more tomorrow when ordering.

Yes, I also had issues with the configurator. When I spec a rear camera it says I have to remove the tailgate window. I will know more tomorrow when ordering.
I specced 2 single front seats then got option to have arm rests on both seats.

I specced 2 single front seats then got option to have arm rests on both seats.

On a Transporter? Mine clearly says arm rest for "Right front seat". And in the graphic of my configuration, the passenger seat has no arm rests and the driver's seat only has one - that is no good for me! I love my arm rests.

On a Transporter? Mine clearly says arm rest for "Right front seat". And in the graphic of my configuration, the passenger seat has no arm rests and the driver's seat only has one - that is no good for me! I love my arm rests.
It appears you do get armrests with swivel option, so cant see why not without swivel, if that's what you are getting...see screenshot

Screenshot_20191021-163922_Chrome.jpg

It appears you do get armrests with swivel option, so cant see why not without swivel, if that's what you are getting...see screenshot

That's interesting. Why would you want swivel seats in a Transporter though?

Essentially, I want my cab to be as plush and car-like as possible. Maybe the answer is to install after-market leather seats with arm-rests instead.

Edit: To have swivel seats, I need to remove the bulkhead. Not an option for me.

That's interesting. Why would you want swivel seats in a Transporter though?

Essentially, I want my cab to be as plush and car-like as possible. Maybe the answer is to install after-market leather seats with arm-rests instead.

Edit: To have swivel seats, I need to remove the bulkhead. Not an option for me.
Yes, this is where it will possibly get difficult for you. I will be converting to a camper so those options are fine for me.

We are happy to quote on new vehicles and can get them delivered to your door.
On the front single passenger seat there is an extra code you need to put intto get the armrests.
We’ve already ordered a few vans for our own fleet.
Can’t believe that sunroof has gone.

We are happy to quote on new vehicles and can get them delivered to your door.
On the front single passenger seat there is an extra code you need to put intto get the armrests.
We’ve already ordered a few vans for our own fleet.
Can’t believe that sunroof has gone.

Bargain, the sunroof. I’ll wait for t7, and if that’s not got a sunroof, I’ll keep my van forever!

5E2665A8-F327-44CA-AF71-07DC5001B7E5.jpeg

That's good to know. I couldn't do without my arm rests.

But another question - where's the option to have twin rear doors rather than the up-and-over tailgate? I can't see it.

It's like the configurator isn't actually ready.

Last edited:
Sad to see that sunroof had gone too

I do like the colour options though. Glad to see Ravenna Blue is back!

Back