Fiamma Awning With Roof Rails

Matt2018

HI All!

Im really struggling to find out if this is even possible... Basically I have a 2018 T6 SWB, with factory fit Roof rails at the moment (the ones that run from front to back, not across the width)

I would like to install a Fiamma F45s awning, but obviously the fitting holes on the gutter are taken up by the roof rails.

I would like to keep the rails, so my question is can the awning attachments be fitted underneath and utilising the existing fitting?

Much head scratching looking at and reading all the different variants of fitting kits available!
confused.gif

thanks in advance Matt

F3AF56F1-88FA-4563-B6CB-35099EC1D9E9.jpeg

Mine looks like the Fiamma bolts are located a bit further back than the rail fixings to the van.

You could probably drill that fiamma bracket and use longer bolts to go through your roof rails and the fiamma bracket into the van holes.

Many Thanks for your reply but after consideration I am going just get a canopy and fix to a lightening roof bar specific rail.

Hi mate, couple of quick questions on the brackets above. I’m also looking for an alternative to fitting a bracket permanently to the van, do the ones you have bought mark the roof rails at all once they’re tightened? Also is it not too much of a job to take awning on and off (only use when needed)

Hi mate, couple of quick questions on the brackets above. I’m also looking for an alternative to fitting a bracket permanently to the van, do the ones you have bought mark the roof rails at all once they’re tightened? Also is it not too much of a job to take awning on and off (only use when needed)
Hi they came with some tape to put on the bars and I put some more on to give extra protection, was only thick black gaffer tap. They seemed to tighten up nicely with no damage that I can see, as for removing them it’s a case of undoing the 4 nut/bolts in the awning, lift it off and undo the 4 bolts on each bracket then remove, unpick the tape,bit of tar and glue remover on glue left from the tape and job done.

Hi, the brackets looks good - did you attach the F45 awning and did it just bolt on to the brackets without any other modifications?

View attachment 48067

Mine looks like the Fiamma bolts are located a bit further back than the rail fixings to the van.

You could probably drill that fiamma bracket and use longer bolts to go through your roof rails and the fiamma bracket into the van holes.

Are these just bolted to the roof or are they adhered too?
Is that a foam pad under the bracket?

HI All!

Im really struggling to find out if this is even possible... Basically I have a 2018 T6 SWB, with factory fit Roof rails at the moment (the ones that run from front to back, not across the width)

I would like to install a Fiamma F45s awning, but obviously the fitting holes on the gutter are taken up by the roof rails.

I would like to keep the rails, so my question is can the awning attachments be fitted underneath and utilising the existing fitting?

Much head scratching looking at and reading all the different variants of fitting kits available!
confused.gif

thanks in advance Matt
Have you looked at the Fiamma f35 it attaches to a awning rail via the strip to expensive for me so went for the lighting rail and a reimo palm beach £99 from camperco and works a treat

View attachment 48067

Keen to hear from anyone who has done this sucessfully ^ I’m wanting to achieve the same, fiamma f45s awning with roof rails over the top, cheers

So I think I have found a solution for the awning/roofbars/not drilling the vw brackets to the roof problem, took some serious looking but found some roof bar clamps from ABP Trading and yesterday they came in the post and fitted them. Very pleased with them so far. Enclosed screen shot of there web page and I hope it helps someone.View attachment 68331View attachment 68330View attachment 68329
Hi @Shaun Toogood - how is this holding up for you? I'm thinking about going down this route...
sadly the clamps have nearly doubled in price hah Eezi-Awn K9 - G Clamp Awning Mounting

Hi mate
Did you find a solution on how to fit the fiamma but keep the roof bars ??
Cheers
Hi @Andy_l - The short answer is yes haha - I'm literally in the process of fitting my awning now, I've taken some pics to hopefully help other out, I'll post them when it's done (hopefully today)

Last edited:
Hi @Andy_l - The short answer is yes haha - I'm literally in the process of fitting my awning now, I've taken some pics to hopefully help other out, I'll post them when it's done (hopefully today)
Wicked I’ve been Searching that much it’s doing my head in lol

Back