New style bracket for Fiamma 45s + Reimo Rail

I’ve no personal experience of this, but I talked to Colin @8ball campers about their previous design of bracket like this as I’m sure this isn’t as new as the Reimo website says. Happy to be corrected though.

His take.

Not all of the bracket removes or if you do it leaves a rivnut hole in the roof you have to blank off to keep water out when you remove it.

IMG_3668.jpeg

His 2nd point was the Fiamma awnings tend to rattle, & he won’t fit them anymore only the Thule/Dometic ones as a lot better quality.

Generally he said you either want a roll out or a fabric awning rail.

HTH

Yeah, after a little more digging that piece you've highlighted stays on the van (rivnut & adhesive), the two other parts stay on the awning. Awning is released with the middle bolts in the diagram.

The part that stays on the van is out of view when awning is detached, which I like the idea of. And as it stays on the van the rivnuts are never exposed and don't need blanking off.

I've already got a good deal on a Fiamma 45s, so I guess I'm stuck with an awning that rattles ;) (not so bad if I can easily remove it).

jump to 4:20 in this german video to see it in action:

Last edited:
@JimmyMac74 i am in the same boat here. Just about to fit the Reimo and then buy the brackets. How did you get on with this? Did you go through with it and if so where did you even source them from? Cheers

I have these Fiamma brackets on mine. I've only ever removed the Fiamma and bracket for a repair on the awning and to re-paint the brackets. As a future option of removing the Fiamma but leaving the circled bracket in place l Sikaflexed the bracket in place a put a load of Sikaflex on the fixing bolts into the rivnuts. This should keep everything water tight if the Fiamma was ever removed. However, the down side is that this will be a bugger to remove everything in the future.

Yeah, after a little more digging that piece you've highlighted stays on the van (rivnut & adhesive), the two other parts stay on the awning. Awning is released with the middle bolts in the diagram.

The part that stays on the van is out of view when awning is detached, which I like the idea of. And as it stays on the van the rivnuts are never exposed and don't need blanking off.

I've already got a good deal on a Fiamma 45s, so I guess I'm stuck with an awning that rattles ;) (not so bad if I can easily remove it).

jump to 4:20 in this german video to see it in action:
Gotta be honest @JimmyMac74 , we have a 45S that doesn't rattle as long as you wind it all the way back in and make sure the legs are clipped back in to the clips in the housing. Also no odd whistles or wind noise at motorway speeds. Great bit of kit for us. For the 2/3 day forum meets it's all we use!

Gotta be honest @JimmyMac74 , we have a 45S that doesn't rattle as long as you wind it all the way back in and make sure the legs are clipped back in to the clips in the housing. Also no odd whistles or wind noise at motorway speeds. Great bit of kit for us. For the 2/3 day forum meets it's all we use!
Same, I’ve never experienced rattling or whistling. Happy with the 45s.

Back