Bryn23

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I'm having serious thoughts of extending the Factory Split charge relay live cable to the rear of the van, so i can fit any size battery i want instead of stuffing around and shoehorning a new battery under the passenger seat.

But mainly, because Its a pain to have to remover the seat, then the swivel base to get to the electrics under there :mad:, i hate to have to do it out on the road.

Any reason, why a 80 amp circuit breaker under the seat and with the existing 10mm2 AUX power feed and then 16mm2 out to the rear to the battery.

The existing fuse is 80 amp into the AUX batter cable,

I'm thinking the 16mm2 cable should reduce the resistance compared to 10mm2? and it just happens that i have a heap of tinned 16mm2.

thoughts?

.. and sensible, having to get to the underseat electrics on the road without tools was exactly what happened to me

While you are at it why not junk the relay and fit a DC-DC charger instead and improve the performance of the system?

I've been seriously looking at my options in that respect as well, but just wanted to see if i could extend the current charging wiring.

Just waiting on some pricing to come back for a Votronic DC-DC charger (variable voltage compliant) that will work with all my Votronic Control panels eta.

Back