Exploria Kombi Beds

I've got front passenger swivel, and if you push it back up to the dash you'll have enough room I think.

@surf-report slightly off topic but what have you done to the surf report!!?
Yeah sorry about that! Although it looks slightly dire for you for the next 10 days, its still positively pumping compared to the East Coast and you have had it good lately! Funny Grenata YouTube clip BTW!

Yeah sorry about that! Although it looks slightly dire for you for the next 10 days, its still positively pumping compared to the East Coast and you have had it good lately! Funny Grenata YouTube clip BTW!
Haha... was funny once we'd established he hadn't broken his neck.....

Back to the beds.. I've had a chance to use mine properly now whilst working away in Henley for the week. I gotta say.. it's top draw. I slept really well. It's comfortable and stable. I have added a memory foam topper but I don't think it needs it.
I'm well impressed. Looking forward to the next adventure.

Back to the beds.. I've had a chance to use mine properly now whilst working away in Henley for the week. I gotta say.. it's top draw. I slept really well. It's comfortable and stable. I have added a memory foam topper but I don't think it needs it.
I'm well impressed. Looking forward to the next adventure.
What were you doing in Henley? Regatta? Could've nipped down the road and seen Roadrunner, I think he's not too far from there.

What were you doing in Henley? Regatta? Could've nipped down the road and seen Roadrunner, I think he's not too far from there.
We were doing the water safety for the drunkards on the riverbank.. 5th year of doing it.. normally just the Friday and Saturday but this year we did the whole week.

We were doing the water safety for the drunkards on the riverbank.. 5th year of doing it.. normally just the Friday and Saturday but this year we did the whole week.

Is that blue light or with another hat on?

I was down there for the swims doing the water safety for those but kayak based.

New Kombi bed size four arrived from Exploria yesterday and installed today. Very happy with it and no rattles while driving. Seems comfortable to lie on but will test sleeping at the weekend. Quality is very good and easy to assemble. Quiets heavy for one person to install and remove so two people is better for this job. I was given a lead time of four weeks and had delivery within the four weeks so very happy with the product and service from Exploria. Got two swivel bases from them also too fit which are their own brand and come highly recommended

Looks great! Is this Leather trim? Just trying to decide whats best for comfort and general use without covers on top. Size 4 seems to be the go too....
This is the vinyl trim size 4. Have now slept on it for 7 or 8 nights. Very comfortable. Expensive but worth it.

Looks great! Is this Leather trim? Just trying to decide whats best for comfort and general use without covers on top. Size 4 seems to be the go too....
If it is going in the back of a kombi then leg size 4 is the lowest you can go otherwise the front section of the bed that slides out, won't clear the folded down kombi seats.

Also the vinyl seems pretty tough for day to day life. You wouldn't want to load bricks etc on it (but nor would you do that on any bed!) but I chuck surfboards and bags etc on it with no worries.

View attachment 6841 Bed arrived and installed. Bit of a mission but very happy with it.

Hi Davey B, looks class.
How much vertical clearance do you have between the top of the folded down rear seats and the bottom of the extended part of the bed?
Is it tight or would I get away with a size 3 being only 5cm lower at that end from what the website suggests?
How is the head height when sitting upright on it?
Thanks in advance mate

Hi @wedsi84 as mentioned earlier if you wanted to go lower you would have to remove your rear seats, also you cant sit up when on it, they are a great alternative to spending £3K, and they are removable too. It all depends on what you want out of your van.

Back