Exploria Kombi Beds

@DaveyB at least you now know where it is and that it isn't lost :thumbsup:, but damned annoying that it wasn't delivered :thumbsdown:. When are TNT proposing to deliver as you shouldn't have to wait about another day - IMHO they should be making a special delivery now that they have located it to avoid you losing more time tomorrow :whistle:.

All I can hope is that it arrives early in the morning before I head off to Wales. But probably won't get time to assemble and install it. :thumbsdown:. If it doesn't come goodness only knows what I'll do as it will go back to the depot again as there is no-one for it to be left with.

All I can hope is that it arrives early in the morning before I head off to Wales. But probably won't get time to assemble and install it. :thumbsdown:. If it doesn't come goodness only knows what I'll do as it will go back to the depot again as there is no-one for it to be left with.
If you have contact details from your update from them then get on to them and tell them to deliver before a time you will be leaving :(. The onus is on them as it is their cock up :mad:

And my kombi bed debacle continues. Last night TNT customer service said they would get the depot to send it out on a pre 9am delivery. As it has gone 9am and no delivery called Exploria as the account holder with TNT. Spoke with Danielle, who was very apologetic and she got straight on the phone to TNT. Low and behold the depot never sent it out on a pre 9am, so it is sat in the same van travelling around the same part of the country as it did yesterday. Depot have traced the van and it is nowhere near my part of the country. So if and when it arrives it won't be delivered as there will be no-one here as going away till Monday.
So fed up.

Took me 15 minutes to get mine installed when I got home tonight (and that was in the dark). @Thogg my tip would be to put the legs on first and it just slides into the back of the van. It's seriously tight mind you.
Have found one of the press studs that hold the topper to the board has broken though, so half of it is stuck on the board whilst the mattress only has the top bit - at least it has not ripped through the vinyl!

Not being too nosey I hope @DaveyB, but where did they deliver/leave the missing package as you were not there to take delivery?:confused:. Pleased to hear that it's in situ now :thumbsup:, shame about the press stud though :(.

Took me 15 minutes to get mine installed when I got home tonight (and that was in the dark). @Thogg my tip would be to put the legs on first and it just slides into the back of the van. It's seriously tight mind you.
Have found one of the press studs that hold the topper to the board has broken though, so half of it is stuck on the board whilst the mattress only has the top bit - at least it has not ripped through the vinyl!
Top tip mate thanks.
Did you manage to install it by yourself?

I had a piece of 3/8" ply (48" x 53") sitting in my shed. I thought, what can I use that for in the van? This thread gave me an idea o_O

Off I went to b+q to purchase 3 lengths of cls timber 38mm x 63mm and 5 x 500mm tall adjustable steel table legs at £3.68 each

Screwed it all together and ended up with something kinda similar for £25 approx. Legs need about 1" chopped off to keep height same as back seats when folded forward and will need covered with stretchy carpet or similar. But, is strong enough to take my weight and should work along with a mattress topper as a simple bed.

Is also light enough to be put in by myself.

It'll all end in tears :rofl:

@Thogg not much help now I see you've got yours in, but I could nay do it on my own, had to get the Mrs and my lad to assist.

@T6 Dave's Dad , as it turned out the Mrs got tied up with work so didn't leave when planned. As we pulled off the drive the courier pulled up!

Here is mine.
WP_20170410_18_11_34_Pro.jpg

However I have had to drop my consumer unit 10mm as the bed was pushing down on the top of it.
WP_20170410_18_11_46_Pro.jpg

As for the press-stud will have to see if anyone locally has a tool for pressing them in. Will see what Exploria can do, will give them a call when I get a moment.

@Pauly, will be dropping you a line imminently to see if you can do some sort of rocker switch to pop the tailgate. As with the bed installed the original switch is below the line of the bed so can't get your fingers to it to trip the door open. Got loads of other questions as well; thanks to spending the afternoon with Fish and Andythom188 - #expensive!

@Thogg, or BigBear as we are now going to call you (If you were ever in the copper chopper, you'd be the bear in the air - convoy reference), what are your thoughts relating to how the extending section does not lock in the extended position? Trying to work out how and what can be retrofired into the rail to lock it.

@CRD Only needs a swivel seat and you have a nice office desk :rofl:. Seriously, nice alternative but you need to be able to fasten it down somehow surely? Nice job, as long as all the legs are reduced evenly :whistle:.

Back