Exploria Kombi Beds

It might be worth looking at the forty winks bed on Facebook.

That's what I've ended up booking as I thought the exploria was just too high for me and not flexible enough needing fully removed to have any full height space

Hi Davey B, looks class.
How much vertical clearance do you have between the top of the folded down rear seats and the bottom of the extended part of the bed?
Is it tight or would I get away with a size 3 being only 5cm lower at that end from what the website suggests?
How is the head height when sitting upright on it?
Thanks in advance mate
Hiya @wedsi84, leg size 4 is the lowest you can go in order for it to clear the seat when it is folded down. Afraid I can't measure it at the moment as I'm at Busfest and left the rear seat at home so I had more room. I'll measure it when I get it back in.
You could get size 3 legs or lower, but you'd not be able to have the rear seats in when you use the bed.

Cheers fellas @DaveyB @superflyguy,
Basically I want to achieve this with the bed when I require the seats to stay in the van....(ignore the kitchen pod part).

The Kombi - Slidepods

I'm trying to work out if the size 3 will be of a similar height for that, then when I remove the seats I can also have the option to extend the bed as my other option.
(best of both worlds)
I have also contacted Exploria for this too....currently working away so can't measure anything.
Thanks for your input

With the size floor legs; from the van floor to the underside of the bed = 0.66m, from the underside of the roof to the uppermost surface of the mattress = 0.66m so it literally sits in the middle of the space.
Have to say that unless you are a munchkin you are never gonna be able to sit up on the bed with the size 4 legs, with out hitting your head.

Looking at getting an Exploria bed as I have dogs & need to fit a large dog cage in the van, as well as the bed. Very useful thread.

There is a couple down south up for sale but if anyone in the north west or north Wales has one, give me a shout, please.

Did anyone else get a Juice bed? Still ok?

Exploria is too expensive new and all the 2ndhand ones advertised lately have been down south or in Scotland.

Anyone used Infinity Customs....they will make anything you need with their cnc machine.....hardwood ply slots together. Check their website. Bristol based. Very pleased with mine.

So just fitted my exploria bed having collected this week, very well built and heavy, needs two too lift in. The quality is superb, I wntfor black vinyl to match my seats as I thought it would be harder wearing. Had no rattles when driving either. Only thing I think could improve is the front cushion isn't press studded like the rear so moves about, but I think this is because that section is slid back in when not required.

View attachment 5294 View attachment 5295 View attachment 5296
Hi @superflyguy , how much distance remaining between the front of bed and back of drivers seat when bed fully extended?
Cheers

Not a lot!.. obviously you can move the front seat forward a bit but dont plan on a party space in the gap!
Cheers fella....trying to consider cooking options inside...but seems with a SWB and Exploria bed this ain't an option

If your keeping the rear seats then a Kombi pod from @slidepods might be worth a look
Rear mounted kitchen that incorporates a bed surface

@wedsi84 sorry it was my birthday yesterday so didn't get a chance to measure, I think the other guys have kindly answered your question. Another option and maybe cheaper would be to buy an awning, and you'll stay dry also, just don't use a charcoal BBQ !!!

Just taken delivery of my Exploria bed ...........ooft all those who said it was heavy weren't joking !
I'm self employed so the van is dual purpose, work and play . It'll also be easier for boxes underneath the shelf so once it's in it's staying in :)
It's not fitted yet .... waiting for a hand lifting it .

Back