Ex Rac relocating dash buttons

Daryl_88

Has anyone managed to relocate these buttons back to their original spaces on an ex rac van? I’ve had most of the dash apart and still couldn’t find whatever is securing the metal box in place

IMG_2976.jpeg

IMG_2975.jpeg

Stuck a reply here for you - Ex RAC T6 wiring strip out

Yep, it's actually pretty straightforward, took about 20 mins;
  • Using a trim tool you need to carefully remove the facia that surrounds the head unit and has the middle vents incorporated into it - the head unit stays in place
  • There is a small nut that holds that unit the RAC black unit in place (don't worry about those two little screws on the front, they don't actually do anything!). The nut is at the back an can be accessed now you have freed up the vent space - it will all become clear once the facia is off!
  • If you undo the nut you should be able to carefully push/pull that black box out - be careful as you only want to slide it out enough to get access to the back of the buttons to disconnect the wires (which just have a clip you need to push in) - blue connector for the start stop and white for the hazards
  • The front of the buttons will just pop off with a trim tool and you can slide the whole black unit out and you have your mini shelf back!
  • Relocate the cables to their original positions above and then connect them to the backs of the buttons in the original factory position

Stuck a reply here for you - Ex RAC T6 wiring strip out
Really use racT6bus.....thank you......i found with mine removing the heater control panel which was 2 screws allowed better access to the single 8mm nut.....removed the switches and rac fit metal bracket.....i then found the wires were trapped so pryed out the little cubby hole with the 12v socket intact....that then allowed me to feed the 2 wires into the right lication.....once i had done that 2 mins to screw and clip everything back into place....looks nicer already but do need a replacement left middle are vent....

Really use racT6bus.....thank you......i found with mine removing the heater control panel which was 2 screws allowed better access to the single 8mm nut.....removed the switches and rac fit metal bracket.....i then found the wires were trapped so pryed out the little cubby hole with the 12v socket intact....that then allowed me to feed the 2 wires into the right lication.....once i had done that 2 mins to screw and clip everything back into place....looks nicer already but do need a replacement left middle are vent....
Glad it helped, I don't think a lot of care was given when making these changes originally! I managed to find the vent surround (part no, 7E1857038) on ebay for a decent price and it was a really quick and easy job to fit - just trim tools to remove the old one, no bolts etc.

Great help.....! You are right ....well engineered brackets though..

Yep....found vent facia....startline ones around £60 Highline with the chrome to match the steering wheel around £200.....think there is mention that these made need fettling to fit over the startline straight swap......

Back