Ex RAC T6 wiring strip out

Ben31

Hi guys I have just bought a ex rac t6 transporter and would like too get some power back too the electrics they have decommissioned in the rear of the van does anyone have any wiring diagrams for fuse diagrams for these ? Thanks in advance

not that i know of. . .

that will be after market RAC stuff that the fitters done.

maybe post some pics of the kit and batterys etc to see if we can work it out.

unless there are other EX RAC van on here? - that may know about the old electrics?

Following – also have an ex-RAC (4motion T6) with multiple birds nests of aftermarket wiring stuffed behind various panels...

I have an ex-RAC T6 too, gave up on trying to recover the old wiring. When decommissioning the van they just seemed to cut the wires randomly and it was a complete mess, the more digging we did the less it seemed usable - saying that I am no expert and wanted something simple and reliable!! For example - there was still an Anderson connector in the grill, but they just cut the lead - not sure why!

Hi there, not answering the OP's question but i ended up removing most of the wires which now sit in big black sack incase i need anything, there were a obscene amount of 12V ports everywhere. One thing i wanted to check with you fellow T6 rac owners is where the split charger is located? Mines a 2017 T6 which to my knowledge would need a "smart" split charger or something more than the basic one, from what i can tell from the underseat wiring (which i neglected to take a photo of before removing it all..) the connection to the main battery is by the fuse/relay assembly thing under the passenger seat which looks pretty basic. Have i missed something about how the split charger is setup, from what i understood its due to how the alternator works for emissions that it cant have a basic split charger. Cheers for any help! Sort of relevant to OP but more specific to the leisure to main battery connection.

Here’s the wiring diagram from the company who installs the wiring in RAC vw transporters.

Hope this helps.
Don’t ask how I got it, but it took 10 separate phone conversations and luckily I landed with the right guy with the right info.
Much appreciated by me as well. I've been trying to reverse engineer the wiring as I'm taking it out but the 2 panic buttons had me mystified (thought they might have been trying to stop the hoist)!

Hi, am stripping out all the ex RAC stuff, nearly there but am getting a bit punchy and don’t want to strip anything that the van still needs.

Could someone who’s done one already post a photo of what should be left? I’ve got a large loom running along the roof above the sliding door. It tucks down the back pillar and can’t see where it goes to. Maybe towing lights? Not sure if they’re needed.

Also, the split charger under the passenger seat still works. Have removed the fuse and disconnected the battery for now as didn’t want live wires dangling around. Probably going to take it out and start again but could someone with a stripped one, or a standard panel van post a picture of what is factory so I can figure out what was RAC? There’s a red cable that comes from under the floor mat that goes to the split charger thingy, but can’t see where that comes from under the bonnet. Any clues?

Thanks
Harvey

Here’s the wiring diagram from the company who installs the wiring in RAC vw transporters.

Hope this helps.
Don’t ask how I got it, but it took 10 separate phone conversations and luckily I landed with the right guy with the right info.
@Pauly @Loz

Can we add this to the downloads section?

Reactions: Loz

Hope this helps.
Legend thank you

Did anyone suss this out? Currently ripping the wiring out and there's an obscene amount in there, just seems overkill to me.
I want to completely remove all the ex rac wires, as the intention is to install own leisure battery etc and not rely on the rubbish that was in there.

Getting the units out was painful enough mind :D

Did anyone suss this out? Currently ripping the wiring out and there's an obscene amount in there, just seems overkill to me.
I want to completely remove all the ex rac wires, as the intention is to install own leisure battery etc and not rely on the rubbish that was in there.

What are you trying to sus out pal?

I just worked my way back towards the aux battery under the passenger seat, most of it is labelled, just take your time and don't cut anything until you are 100% sure it's not needed.

Back