VW T6 Dash button repurposing

Tredder76

VIP Member
Hi,

I recently treated myself to some Lazer Lamps Triple R 750s and I'm in the planning stages of installing them. I want to be able to be able to have the choice of deactivating them with a switch on on the dash, but rather then use the aftermarket switch supplied, i was hoping to install a OE push button in place of the one of the unused push button blanks.

The idea is to probably source and use the windscreen heating button (7E0959622A WHS), as the logo kind of looks like a spread of light (and I don't have this option on my van) and hook it up via the connector (which i think is 8W0971636D). (info from Dash Switch Wiring)

Do any of the wondergenius members on here know if that will work, and if so, is it as "simple" as connecting the Lazer lamp switch wires to the connector?

Cheers

In what situation would you not want them giving you maximum high beam?

Not too sure yet, but just want the option of being able to deactivate them from coming on with the high-beams. Might be that I never do!

The push buttons are non-locking type so they would not be a direct replacement for the switch that came with Lazer lamps. It could be made to work with a flip-flop relay (aka bistable relay, one that remembers it’s state and changes on a pulse.)

Personally I just went with a conventional switch for this purpose.
1704185896399.png

In what situation would you not want them giving you maximum high beam?

I have a light bar, not exactly Lazers but I’ve found the added high beam can be bit too much on small towns or (sparsely) populated areas whereas driving in the middle of nowhere really benefits from it. Also when foggy, the added high beam can just create a huge wall of light in front of the vehicle and actually reduce visibility.

Thanks for the info! Will need to do a bit of research on the flip-flop relay, but like that solution better then the non-factory look. Unless its too complicated for me to install.

I have a light bar, not exactly Lazers but I’ve found the added high beam can be bit too much on small towns or (sparsely) populated areas whereas driving in the middle of nowhere really benefits from it. Also when foggy, the added high beam can just create a huge wall of light in front of the vehicle and actually reduce visibility.

Agreed.

And with this new bistable relay term in my head, a quick search on the forum comes up with more detailed info, wiring diagram and all, courtesy of of @mmi.

This forum is amazing.

Last edited:
Back