Everyone bailing out?

I am definitely NOT getting rid of my T6, it's a keeper for life. I have nightmares about some muppet crashing into it and the insurance telling me I can't fix it!
And I'm not getting rid of my iD4 either, its all paid for and works great. If I had a pound for every time some bloke who has never driven an EV has told me what's wrong with EV's I could have bought a new one or even an IdBuzz!:rolleyes:

Sold my t6 last week and been driving the buzz for three weeks now. It works for me but not sure it would make a good camper.
If they make a new t7 all electric it would take the transporter to a new level as the buzz is by far the most car like van I have driven. I got a very good price for the t6 compared to other makes of van so must still be the van to have.
I've just ordered an ID Buzz through my works salary sacrifice scheme. Still nervous but excited about it. Id be giving up my 4th and best T6 yet can you convince me i am doing the right thing?

I've just ordered an ID Buzz through my works salary sacrifice scheme. Still nervous but excited about it. Id be giving up my 4th and best T6 yet can you convince me i am doing the right thing?

Have you looked into personal leasing.
I ordered a new car using the company salary sacrifice scheme back in 2015.
Out of curiosity I looked into personal leasing before it arrived and found I could get the exact same vehicle much cheaper by leasing it myself so promptly cancelled the order. The only difference was I had to insure it myself, but even taking that into account it was still over £100 per month cheaper.
I used this company and can recommend them.

Have you looked into personal leasing.
I ordered a new car using the company salary sacrifice scheme back in 2015.
Out of curiosity I looked into personal leasing before it arrived and found I could get the exact same vehicle much cheaper by leasing it myself so promptly cancelled the order. The only difference was I had to insure it myself, but even taking that into account it was still over £100 per month cheaper.
I used this company and can recommend them.

If you don't mind me asking what spec did you get and what price did you manage to get one for? I just took a look using your link and it was quite a considerable amount more than what I have secured one for through my works scheme.

If you don't mind me asking what spec did you get and what price did you manage to get one for? I just took a look using your link and it was quite a considerable amount more than what I have secured one for through my works scheme.

It was a Nissan Qashqai and it was a few years ago now so looks like things have changed.
The company salary sacrifice scheme was run by Hitachi.
If your company’s scheme is cheaper, all well and good, it was just a thought after my experience. :thumbsup:

With a 150kW rapid charger you can get from 20-80% in less than 30 mins
Not a van but… The new Porsche Taycan Turbo GT Weissach can charge at 320KW meaning you can add 200 miles in 19 minutes (fast charger permitting). The thing has 1019bhp and 1340nm torque doing 0-60 in 2.2 seconds!

Sure this is high end stuff but look how far EVs have come in just a few years really. And yes, I know electric cars were around in 1884, but serious take up has only been recent. The speed of development is impressive, despite the fact it took us 140 years to embrace the technology.

I am definitely NOT getting rid of my T6, it's a keeper for life. I have nightmares about some muppet crashing into it and the insurance telling me I can't fix it!
And I'm not getting rid of my iD4 either, its all paid for and works great. If I had a pound for every time some bloke who has never driven an EV has told me what's wrong with EV's I could have bought a new one or even an IdBuzz!:rolleyes:
My T6.1 is a keeper too, and I share your nightmare.
Happened to me once in a previous vehicle. I was stationary in traffic and the bloke behind decided the cars in front of me had moved so drove into the back of me.
He hit my tow bar, broke his car and the insurance said he creased my frame. Write off. Got a fraction of what it was worth to me and the family. I had to fight for what I did get, just kept the replacement car for weeks and that must have cost them a bomb :p

Back