T6 newbie with no hazard warning lights needs advice

boy's van

VIP Member
Hi Everyone,

Just recently purchased a T6, It's a 2017 Startline model with a couple of extras, like the reversing parking sensors.
Anyway, while going through the van over the past few days, I noticed that my hazard lights do not work. I have power to them, as you can see in the photo below. The button illuminates when I unlock the door with the fob and goes off when I lock it.

Everything else works, the airbag off, all other lights -dip/main beam, turn signals etc, it's literally just the hazards I've lost.

The button is able to be depressed. So I thought it's a relay or fuse (?). So I duly paid my £12 for the VIP membership to gain access to the Fuse charts and diagrams (which no doubt will be useful in the future) but I cannot for the life of me find any fuse related to the Hazard warning lights.

I managed to find a new switch unit online which I purchased for £20 and I'm awaiting delivery, but in the meantime if I'm missing something I'd sure appreciate some help or advice.

Thanks.

75F3ECED-12B6-4458-8C54-A46FF428D79E.jpeg

fuse related to the Hazard warning lights.
There is no dedicated fuse for the hazard warning lights - when turn signals work also hazards shoukd/would work.
The most likely cause is that the green/white wire from the switch to the BCM (central electrics controller) is pinched/broken - behind radio fascia perhaps. Or the ground wire from pin 4 of the switch.
See switch E3 on wiring diagram on page 3 in below

Oh, and welcome to the Forum.

Thanks for the reply.

I'll pop off the radio fascia when my plastic tools arrive and have a look, and I've found the diagram you mentioned so can check that out to.
So handy the VIP membership to download all the diagrams.

I'll post later what I found.

Cheers

Reactions: mmi
Little bit late coming back to this. As the conversion has just been carried out on the van, it has a warranty and just took it back to the garage to have it looked at, hence the delay getting it booked in.Pleased to say the issue is resolved.

As mmi posted above, it was indeed a fault with the green/white wire as described. Garage had it all sorted very quickly.

So as a reminder, if you find yourself with no hazard lights but the button lights up and functions properly, ie clicks/depresses as usual and all other lights and indicators work, then a good chance you are experiencing the same issue as me, in which case the info provided by mmi will be useful.

Back