Europe H4 Headlight Beam Deflectors

BIgben

VIP Member
T6 Pro
What do you good folks do with your lights when driving on the continent?
The law is you mustn't blind people. I know that normal t6 lights aren't exactly bright. Do people still use the stick on adjusters or just adjust the beam down with the little adjuster wheel thingy?

Acrylic headlight protectors with the masking on is a good option so you put them on and off when you need them.

Black electricians tape. Looking a the headlight, mask off a block of the rhs.

I have an option in the MFD for swapping the headlights to be ok for on the continent. Is this only on vehicles with LED's then? Is it the case that @Blgben, @Loz, and @Scruffy, you don't have LED's which is why you need to make a manual change to the lens?

I have an option in the MFD for swapping the headlights to be ok for on the continent. Is this only on vehicles with LED's then? Is it the case that @Blgben, @Loz, and @Scruffy, you don't have LED's which is why you need to make a manual change to the lens?
I have the option... was just advising a non option user :)

Oh that's good, for a moment I was thinking that what I perceived the option in the MFD was for, didn't actually do what I thunk!

Oh that's good, for a moment I was thinking that what I perceived the option in the MFD was for, didn't actually do what I thunk!
Thought about changing mine over one night and going for a sneaky drive on the wrong side of the road but thought better of it, the wrong side of the road is already full of chavs in Saxos......

Old thread but I (My Wife) have the option on our Tiguan and we spent a lot of time (99%) in Europe. The Driving on the right function works perfectly for us and we never get flashed.

I see Loz has commented on this thread that you don't need headlight deflectors on H4 and H7 headlights, is this true (sorry to doubt) if so where/how did you find this out ?

I see Loz has commented on this thread that you don't need headlight deflectors on H4 and H7 headlights, is this true (sorry to doubt) if so where/how did you find this out ?
Where has @Loz said that?

Can’t remember where but I have seen that documented also, pretty sure it was official VW literature somewhere but I notice VW also supply stickers for our headlights for driving on the continent ?!?!

The current thinking stands as follows.
If you have german (LHD) T6 the workshop manual says that driving abroad does not need adjustment on H4 and H7, however the UK variants have the nearside slant up and require blanking (deflecting is too difficult to do correctly). LED light have an option on the MFD to flatten the beam..

Anyone got a good pic of where they are placing beam reflectors on headlamps (standard) of T6 when travelling in Europe. Not sure I did it right last time and not sure this time either!

I've just come back from france with H4's and didn't need them, the van i was following said he had seen brighter birthday cake candles:cry:
:laugh:Lol,, problem is if you get an over zealous French officer ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I always buy the AA brand beam blockers and they come with diagrams telling you which bits to use and where to stick them.

Just buy the headlights Covers/deflectors from VW. Best not to stick anything on the headlight lens, now they are plastic, plus you can never be accurate.

Hi all, I’m off to France next month with my fam in our t6, about to order the obligatory Uk sticker and more importantly the the vw T6 headlight cover with eu lens/diffuser for specifically driving in France, they’re not overly pricey but thought I’d ask if anyone on here had any they no longer need and want to sell them as I imagine they tend to become unused…
Sem to make sense before I buy new.
To fit 2019 standard halogen h4 headlights

(P.s. I know the h4’s don’t light the road so unlikely to blind anyone…. But needs must…:D:slow rofl:)

Thanks
Jim

Back