Aftermarket headlights that light the road!?!

It’s not a big ask is it for your headlights to light the road in the dark.

When I got my van it had yellow bulbs which were poor. I bought osram nightbreakers and had to drive home in the dark in the rain and we felt like the road was disappearing. It was frightening on country lanes with no overhead lights. The full beam was of no help.

It’s like the lights don’t light the road.

I took it to a garage and they put it on the MOT ramp and said the lights are set up correctly. They set the numbered dial to 1.

My bulbs are H1 and H11.

I do have tinted after market lights. They were in the van when I bought them. Does this add extra hinder to the T6 poor road lighting situation I’ve seen on here and Google?

After the horrendous journey we had we are quite prepared to replace the headlight unit but are any of them any better at lighting the road? Quite happy to have clear ones installed if they light the road clearly.

I’ve read that people have changed them and then been underwhelmed as the difference not much better.

Thank you

It’s not a big ask is it for your headlights to light the road in the dark.

When I got my van it had yellow bulbs which were poor. I bought osram nightbreakers and had to drive home in the dark in the rain and we felt like the road was disappearing. It was frightening on country lanes with no overhead lights. The full beam was of no help.

It’s like the lights don’t light the road.

I took it to a garage and they put it on the MOT ramp and said the lights are set up correctly. They set the numbered dial to 1.

My bulbs are H1 and H11.

I do have tinted after market lights. They were in the van when I bought them. Does this add extra hinder to the T6 poor road lighting situation I’ve seen on here and Google?

After the horrendous journey we had we are quite prepared to replace the headlight unit but are any of them any better at lighting the road? Quite happy to have clear ones installed if they light the road clearly.

I’ve read that people have changed them and then been underwhelmed as the difference not much better.

Thank you
This may help:

More photos of the same:

This may help:

More photos of the same:

Our man has a T6 by the look of it, not a T6.1 unfortunately
Hi

I’ve just bought a 2018 highline T6.

But for LED and the T6.1 look (if that’s what you were aiming at) there’s these:

I just fitted a HID kit with Transporter HQ lights and the output is very impressive compared to the THQ leds i had fitted.

Mine are H7 but they sell them in H1

I fitted the transporter HQ units with the led upgrade bulbs they sell and it was a massive improvement.
They went through mot with them in ok.
For the price it’s the only way to go .
I have the id buzz now with the standard leds from factory and very happy with them but the t6 with the upgrade wasn’t far off.

Back