Europe H4 Headlight Beam Deflectors

Is there a H7 version ?
I was under the impression modern lights don't need the headlight adapter films

Is there a H7 version ?
I was under the impression modern lights don't need the headlight adapter films
I know the LEDs don't because there is a setting in the DIS to swap them. Does the H7 have this, otherwise I guess a film is needed.

RHD H4's and H7's both have the beam pattern that kicks up to the left, so need converters. You can't adjust reflector lights like you can LED or xenon projectors. I'm pretty sure that LHD lights have a flat dipped beam pattern, so don't need converters to drive over here.

We're going to France this year. If we take the van, I'll need to work out what to do about my THQ headlights. Probably shine the lights onto the garage door and trial and error with insulation tape. Or take the Tig with its IQ LEDs.

I thought you can change lights via MFD….Travel mode….:)

E539D7DE-83ED-488E-ADB7-61B92753FF7F.jpeg

It’s a funny one - a bit like carrying spare bulbs. You must carry spare bulbs, but they don’t need to fit nor do you need to be capable of fitting them. So, with the Xenon’s on SWMBO’s car or the LED’s on my van, I carry a bulb kit from Poundland! But, I don’t drive much at night in France as I’m busy drinking!

I know the LEDs don't because there is a setting in the DIS to swap them. Does the H7 have this, otherwise I guess a film is needed.
Does your 6.1 have this function? I can’t find it on my 6.1 but definitely used it on the T6. I thought it had been omitted from the 6.1.

Does your 6.1 have this function? I can’t find it on my 6.1 but definitely used it on the T6. I thought it had been omitted from the 6.1.
No, the OP has a T6.

IIRC the T6.1 LEDs have a flat beam pattern, so they do not require adjusting or stickers for travel to Europe.

Oh my t6 with leds the travel mode just lowers the beams a little, actually makes it more annoying to drive in the dark

Just shove some stickers on to keep “Les flic” happy!

Or better yet just shove them in the glove box and wait til you’re stopped to say oh pardon I do have them but completely forgot… they’ll be in there for years :)

Or better yet just shove them in the glove box and wait til you’re stopped to say oh pardon I do have them but completely forgot… they’ll be in there for years :)
Also works! Saves all that wd40 getting the glue off when you get home!!!

I'm confused. When we go abroad we get some sticky deflectors for about a fiver.
Are you after something different ?

Pete

Back