T6 Replacement headlamp unit - dash error on high beam

marty80

Hi guys,

I know dash errors from replacement headlamp units and LED bulbs have been covered plenty here, but I can't find an answer to my situation.
Replaced the awful factory units (2018 T6 T32 Startline) with these:
They're an improvement, but not amazing. Anyway, the issue is a dash error on activating high beams. Only high beams gives an error. (oddly, if driving for an hour+ without activating high beams, then activating high beams, the dash error sometimes doesn't occur)

I can live with it, but would this be an MOT failure, an error light on dash? (when turning on ignition and starting engine, no dash warnings / faults - only when activating the high beam)
I've looked at this thread (and post in particular) to figure out how to disable the lamp dash error - but don't understand why disabling PWM and specifically ENABLING lamp diagnostics would be recommended (I know the issue is not identical to mine) -

Secondly, the item sales webpage says the units will need adjusted, "After the headlights have been installed the beam pattern should be set at a garage and levelled correctly using the 2 hex bolts on the back of the headlights." - I can't see any hex bolts to make adjustments. Although the motorised main beam level adjustment works fine from the van's rotary control. Anyone have experience of these units? Maybe the motorised adjustment "supersedes" hex-bolt adjustment?

Apologies if these questions have been answered already, I have searched without luck for a while. Cheers

Back