EPB Retrofit ... the way to Stop & Go

2011 Touareg I had, had EPG and stop and go and share same parts as the Porker Cayenne.

Is this true? How do I confirm this? That would be a spectacular bit of information, if true!
Na, i was wrong, sorry.
etz2k in rosstech forum already answered everything.
I was not aware that Golf MK4 is PQ34 so using MK60EC1 would mean converting to PQ35.
Its only one number :) but i have no clue if its even possible.

or maybe we can buy an Audi module, read 56D's MC9S12XS256 and eeprom and flash it to the Audi EPB module as someone said that same HW but different SW?

Audi module 8K0907801J. I could easily read/write the Motorola and EEPROM too.

Last edited:
And finally my first lot of EPB controllers has arrived.
This time brand new and genuine VW made by TRW.
Fully functioning and working.
Already tested on bench and in the vehicle :thumbsup:.
Also with @dnoermann's involvement
we have verified BCM compatibility and these modules work with all revisions of
BCM PQ25 Max4 7E0 937 090(no letter/B/C/D):grin bounce:.

View attachment 109908
View attachment 109909
View attachment 109910
this is an old thread, but @Robert,would you still have one of these controllers for sale?

This is a very interesting thread. I am thinking about it for my MK2 TT. Regarding the mentions of different ABS modules - is this just for auto hold then?

Also please can you let me know if you still have an 56D modules available? Thanks

A big thankyou to @Robert , who sold me a legitimate 56D 907 801A Controller,my EPB retrofit on my golf MK6 is working as it should, complete with autohold, I did enable RDL but I'm not sure what it is, would someone kindly help with the translation, for now the Instrument cluster can wait below are my video,photos etc, unfortunately I am unable to attach the video here, I will attach the scan tomorrow

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-31 at 10.53.34.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-31 at 10.55.45.jpg

A big thankyou to @Robert , who sold me a legitimate 56D 907 801A Controller,my EPB retrofit on my golf MK6 is working as it should, complete with autohold, I did enable RDL but I'm not sure what it is, would someone kindly help with the translation, for now the Instrument cluster can wait below are my video,photos etc, unfortunately I am unable to attach the video here, I will attach the scan tomorrow

View attachment 207803

View attachment 207805
Hi, what ABS module do you have please? And also what rear calipers are you using?

... I did enable RDL but I'm not sure what it is, would someone kindly help with the translation ...
RDL is still a mystery.
I did a lot of experiments with this setting (enabled/disabled) and so far I still didn't discover its functionality.

RDL is still a mystery.
I did a lot of experiments with this setting (enabled/disabled) and so far I still didn't discover its functionality.
You’ve probably tried but how about Remote Door Locking as in autobrake on fob lock, would kinda make sense

Last edited:
RDL is still a mystery.
A quote from Ross-Tech Forum - although no details about controller etc.
@Rekked: Ended up discovering a adaption channel just called "RDL", i changed it from "activated" to "not activated" and now the vehicle remembers the last setting of the auto hold button

I've been away for a while but back again and hoping to do something with this soon
I have worn rear discs and pads as advised on the recent MOT, so I think it is time to go for EPB now, and get around to fitting the T6 ABS unit I have too, along with bidirectional ABS sensors.

I'll have a dig through the info on compatible calipers and hopefully get hold of some along with new discs and pads, I might even paint the new calipers red to go with my black and red theme.

I did find a switch for this before and have allocated a space in the dashboard for it, but I'll be struggling like everyone else to find a 56D907801A control unit. I am guessing 56D907801B will work too. It was suggested elsewhere to try taobao where there seems to be a couple available in China, however if anyone else has one available closer to home, please get in touch

I've been away for a while but back again and hoping to do something with this soon
I have worn rear discs and pads as advised on the recent MOT, so I think it is time to go for EPB now, and get around to fitting the T6 ABS unit I have too, along with bidirectional ABS sensors.

I'll have a dig through the info on compatible calipers and hopefully get hold of some along with new discs and pads, I might even paint the new calipers red to go with my black and red theme.

I did find a switch for this before and have allocated a space in the dashboard for it, but I'll be struggling like everyone else to find a 56D907801A control unit. I am guessing 56D907801B will work too. It was suggested elsewhere to try taobao where there seems to be a couple available in China, however if anyone else has one available closer to home, please get in touch
@Robert seems to have them in stock, He sold me a fully functional revision A

Back