EGR flexi-pipe: Exhaust Fumes In Cab, Hissing From Engine Bay.

Thanks for the info. Bognor motors were dealing with the m.o.t and now it's gone back to the main dealer for the warranty so I'm in the dark as to the fault codes but I had no prior warning from the instrument display.

Just got van back from dealers, they replaced a EGR hose and the latching mechanism for the sliding door. Not as serious as first thought.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got van back from dealers, they replaced a Erg hose and the latching mechanism for the sliding door. Not as serious as first thought.;)

If by EGR Hose, you mean the metal flexi-hose on the back of the EGR like mine in the picture, then this is a very common problem. I'm on my 3rd, but I have seen that they've modified the new batch, so you should be ok now.

20190615_172105.jpg

Hi all I have t6 204 on a 67 plate noticed exhaust smells in the cab and hissing outside like split exhaust sounds like shit so I heard a few people on here saying cheap replacement from tps easy job etc so I went to Vw ordered a new part got hit with £146 for replacement with gaskets and new bolts lad said they have re engineered it new design seems unfair I had to fit the bill when they no about the problem.
Van back to normal now took me about a hour to fit very fiddly if you don’t have miniature hands ill
Put picture up of cracked pipe

image.jpg

I went to Vw ordered a new part got hit with £146 for replacement with gaskets

Mate, these pipes are under £20 with the metal gaskets from TPS. I'm on my 3rd and as mentioned, it's a very common problem. They seem to crack around every 50k on my 2017 204.
The improved design has more fins on the expanding part, but there is no way it should of cost £146. I'd be popping back and asking why a previous part that was less than £20 is now £146, when it's still the same part, albeit slightly improved. (apparently)

Mate, these pipes are under £20 with the metal gaskets from TPS. I'm on my 3rd and as mentioned, it's a very common problem. They seem to crack around every 50k on my 2017 204.
The improved design has more fins on the expanding part, but there is no way it should of cost £146. I'd be popping back and asking why a previous part that was less than £20 is now £146, when it's still the same part, albeit slightly improved. (apparently)
I am just about to have my rear pipe changed (under warranty) its just over 50K VW Assist have gone to get one .

EGR Pipe.jpg

Nice....

@Tourershine this looks different than the last one you fitted?

Looks proper this time....

Do you mind sharing the cost? If not too expensive might be worth a pre-emptive change (rather than fail at an in-opportune moment)!

Ian

Reactions: Loz
Back