Egr Warranty Extension

Westy78

2017 T6 Kombi 204DSG
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Took my van in for a few jobs whilst still under warranty. Was told that there was an egr fault. They apparently followed a procedure and were expecting to have to flush it out but upon collection I was told it didn’t need the flush. Checked with carista and egr fault still present. Back to the dealer today and they are looking at it again. However they also stated that the Egr has an additional 2 years warranty cover outside the original 3 years.
For those suffering with egr faults outside of warranty it might be worth a call to the dealer to confirm if this is the case. Might save someone a few quid

Thanks mate, :thumbsup: I’m out of the original 3 year warranty by 4 months and think I have an egr problem. Every couple of days I get the dreaded glow plug flashing with a loss of power. I pull over, switch off, wait 30 secs then restart and have no issues for a few days.

Had a look under the bonnet and noticed the egr cooler has a leak as I had to top up the coolant last week. Shown in the yellow circle.

Stuck the VCDS on today and it’s showing 3 egr faults so will give the local dealer a call.

15560 Egr sensor 1 P046C 00 [108] - Implausible Signal
25215 egr system P0402 00 [096] - Excessive Flow
30357 Intake Air Temp. Sensor (G42)

EDDB417B-BC0F-4627-94A5-6E130EBA5C86.jpeg

Just had a look at Ross-tech codes and does look like the egr is playing up

16786/P0402/001026 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR): Excessive Flow
Possible Symptoms
  • Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
  • Reduced Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR)
  • Reduced Power Output/Engine running rough
  • Increased Emissions
Possible Causes
  • Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve stuck open/leaking/faulty
  • Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) System leaking/faulty
  • Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve faulty
Possible Solutions
  • Check/Clean Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) System
  • Check/Replace Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve
  • Check Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve

Just been to my local dealer, Listers. The guy informed me there is no extra warranty on Egr’s. There was however, an extra 2 years on a list of parts associated to the emissions scandal and the Egr was one of the parts covered but it’s not covered on mine as I bought after the scandal although he did say that he would speak to VW and see what they would say.

So booked in for a service and check anyhow at the end of March.

Back