EGR cleaner spray

humerus_femur

VIP Member
Hi,
Somewhat of a mechanical novice here I’m afraid but wanting to learn.

I have an intermittent engine light related to EGR that comes on my T6. I’ve read some of the threads about using spray cleaners and my intention is to get it booked into a garage for a proper job at some point. In the meantime though I thought I’d give a spray a try.

Here’s the basic question. Where on my engine would I spray the stuff? It says the air intake manifold - which one is this?

Any help appreciated.

thanks dave

IMG_7968.jpeg

No spray is going to touch carbon, unless it’s oven cleaner (caustic) and I don’t advise putting that through the engine as you will also remove a layer of piston.
There is one solution and that is replace the EGR unit.
I have removed and manually cleaned a EGR cooler / valve with caustic and mechanical means (long drill with a jig), definitely not worth the amount of labour and mess. The 204ps cooler design is not a straight tube cooler so mechanical cleaning is not possible, without penetrating the hard carbon it is not possible to get the chemicals in.

No spray is going to touch carbon, unless it’s oven cleaner (caustic) and I don’t advise putting that through the engine as you will also remove a layer of piston.
There is one solution and that is replace the EGR unit.
I have removed and manually cleaned a EGR cooler / valve with caustic and mechanical means (long drill with a jig), definitely not worth the amount of labour and mess. The 204ps cooler design is not a straight tube cooler so mechanical cleaning is not possible, without penetrating the hard carbon it is not possible to get the chemicals in.
Thanks. I figured that is likely the solution.

have we got a link to the guy on here that cur open his EGR cooler. . .

the inside was like a block of charcoal.

have we got a link to the guy on here that cur open his EGR cooler. . .

the inside was like a block of charcoal.
Perhaps this one - 04L 131 512 T

Back