Everythings going wrong! EGR pipes and sticking inlet manfold flap valves link?

I was just researching this on the forum but can't see that anyone has actually fitted one. I assume a catch tank on the crankcase breather pipe wouldn't stop the build up grom the egr, just less vapour in the inlet manifold from the crankcase?
Correct, would also need the EGR blanking.

Update. New inlet manifold fitted but still getting the fault p2006 or p2004 fault codes. Actuator stuck open or stuck shut. Driving fine though. Any ideas?

Update. New inlet manifold fitted but still getting the fault p2006 or p2004 fault codes. Actuator stuck open or stuck shut. Driving fine though. Any ideas?
Did you check the vacuum operated actuator?

Did you check the vacuum operated actuator?
I don't have the tool to pull a vacuum but after doing some research it seems it could be the valve that pulls the vacuum so going to take it back to the garage tomorrow and ask if they checked this before replacing the manifold!

20221112_182300.jpg

Reactions: Loz
New N75 valve fitted and all good it seems. Who knows if the manifold was the cause of the fault but it certainly needed changing with gunk approx 5mm think built up inside.

How can this be acceptable for a 2016 with 100k. I'm thinking maybe the EGR was stuck open for a long time under a previous owner (was changed in 2020) causing an excessive buildup, or it it really just poor design?

It's due to the engine breather going back to the inlet. Fit an oil separator to avoid the inlet and egr problems.

I'm looking into doing it soon.

It's due to the engine breather going back to the inlet. Fit an oil separator to avoid the inlet and egr problems.

I'm looking into doing it soon.
Got a link to what you are going to fit? Looking to avoid this problem in the future. Thanks

Discussion here.

Got a link to what you are going to fit? Looking to avoid this problem in the future. Thanks
I ordered one of the provent 200 copies, will add a tap into the drain line . Not sure where it can be mounted but that's for when it arrives.

I ordered one of the provent 200 copies, will add a tap into the drain line . Not sure where it can be mounted but that's for when it arrives.
It doesn’t hurt to mount it with a long feed and return hose. This allows some cooling of the oily gases and will aid the oil drop out into the separator pot.

I was thinking it would mount behind the air box?

Back