EGR Valve

I had an engine fault light come up and VW have said its the EGR and are going to charge me £450 for a flush. I pretty much only do long journeys but low usage (only 5000 miles last year). I happened to get a copy of the service history from VW when I was in and I found out that the vehicle 2017 (euro 6) had a flush in 2018 (just over a year after manufacture) and again 13 months later. 24 months later I am needing one again! I didn't factor this cost into my annual maintenances costs. At some point I'm guessing a new EGR needed and I'm guessing that's usually done after an expensive flush has failed to work first. bleak!!!

I don't think I would want a delete anyway because that must be bad for emissions but I looked it up and found What are DPF and EGR Delete? DKU Performance Blog. which suggests it is illegal. Not sure whether there is a legal loop hole but best to double check before deleting.

I had an engine fault light come up and VW have said its the EGR and are going to charge me £450 for a flush. I pretty much only do long journeys but low usage (only 5000 miles last year). I happened to get a copy of the service history from VW when I was in and I found out that the vehicle 2017 (euro 6) had a flush in 2018 (just over a year after manufacture) and again 13 months later. 24 months later I am needing one again! I didn't factor this cost into my annual maintenances costs. At some point I'm guessing a new EGR needed and I'm guessing that's usually done after an expensive flush has failed to work first. bleak!!!

I don't think I would want a delete anyway because that must be bad for emissions but I looked it up and found What are DPF and EGR Delete? DKU Performance Blog. which suggests it is illegal. Not sure whether there is a legal loop hole but best to double check before deleting.
I had an Egr flush just before the end of my warranty. I think if they wanted me to pay £450 I’d be getting an independent to just replace my EGR unit completely.

Hi

I'm having my EGR valve changed today and an hour in to removal VW have called and said both my nsf drive shaft boots had split, outer and inner ? After speaking with an independent garage they said its very rare for both boots to go and no signs on last MOT, which was done by VW.
He then mentioned that you need to remove the drive shaft to remove the EGR valve from a T6 2016 ? Does anyone know if this is correct ?

Not Poole Breeze is it? They told me my rear brake pads were almost down to metal. I replaced them and they weren't even down to the wear indicator.

I had an Egr flush just before the end of my warranty. I think if they wanted me to pay £450 I’d be getting an independent to just replace my EGR unit completely.
Have a look at this thread, I show What is involved with a flush

https://www.t6forum.com/threads/egr-flush-result…….35618/page-2#post-497792

So finally ordered a new egr valve to get fitted and as soon as I’ve done that the engine management light has gone off… problem fixed or is it likely to come back?

So finally ordered a new egr valve to get fitted and as soon as I’ve done that the engine management light has gone off… problem fixed or is it likely to come back?
All EGRs will fail, they are fouled with soot and stop working.
You should expect roughly the same service from the new as you got from the old.

I had to replace the egr on my T5 works van twice.
When the second one failed instead of a 3rd one cause they ain’t cheap I ordered a blanking kit and had it removed then paid a guy to get the ecu to ignore it.
Problem solved.

Back