Ecoflow Delta 2

Lord Mfwic

I'm Batman.
T6 Legend
So this arrived today.
My leisure battery set up is now 5 years old and the battery is coming to the end of its days. Also my inverter has now packed up.
I’ve priced up a new battery & Inverter and that came to just under £1,000.00

So, I’ve decided to go down the road of a mobile power bank and after hours of research, I decided on the Ecoflow Delta 2.
Main reasons.
1024 W/h
1,800W pure sine wave Inverter with 2,700W surge
3,000 charge cycles before dropping to 80%
5 year guarantee
Pass through charging
Bluetooth App control. ( Everything is better with Bluetooth)
It’s portable.

Cost £ 1,099.00 (£915.83 pre VAT)

Other benefits,

I drive a Ranger for work and I plan to put a small blower heater in the cab connected to the Delta. 5 mins before I leave the house I can switch on the Delta via Bluetooth and my car will be warm when I get in (yes, I am nesh) then charge it from my car 12v whilst I’m driving.

It also charges off solar and I have a mobile solar panel so should keep it topped up when camping.

I can also run my coffee machine from it, so I’ll be getting one for the Ranger.

First planned trip this year is Bala with the forum, so it will get its first proper trail then.

Main reason for buying it, I like toys.

Oh, and if you see me at Bala, It only costs £20 as Lady Pippa will be with me.

IMG_5062.jpegIMG_5064.jpegIMG_5067.jpeg

Sounds like a no brainer. I think if I was doing my van from scratch again, I'd go down the Eco-Flow / Jackery etc route and not bother with a leisure setup
There is an issue Vs leisure setup, it's not all plain sailing with portable power packs.

Capacity and recharge speed are the stumbling blocks.

So this arrived today.
My leisure battery set up is now 5 years old and the battery is coming to the end of its days. Also my inverter has now packed up.
I’ve priced up a new battery & Inverter and that came to just under £1,000.00

So, I’ve decided to go down the road of a mobile power bank and after hours of research, I decided on the Ecoflow Delta 2.
Main reasons.
1024 W/h
1,800W pure sine wave Inverter with 2,700W surge
3,000 charge cycles before dropping to 80%
5 year guarantee
Pass through charging
Bluetooth App control. ( Everything is better with Bluetooth)
It’s portable.

Cost £ 1,099.00 (£915.83 pre VAT)

Other benefits,

I drive a Ranger for work and I plan to put a small blower heater in the cab connected to the Delta. 5 mins before I leave the house I can switch on the Delta via Bluetooth and my car will be warm when I get in (yes, I am nesh) then charge it from my car 12v whilst I’m driving.

It also charges off solar and I have a mobile solar panel so should keep it topped up when camping.

I can also run my coffee machine from it, so I’ll be getting one for the Ranger.

First planned trip this year is Bala with the forum, so it will get its first proper trail then.

Main reason for buying it, I like toys.

Oh, and if you see me at Bala, It only costs £20 as Lady Pippa will be with me.

View attachment 191584View attachment 191585View attachment 191586
Same here. Mine is here on Monday. :thumbsup: The 1800w output will run my air fryer multi cooker just fine at 1500w!

Really pleased with my Delta Mini. @Dellmassive is correct though - I only get 100w in when charging from my van ignition live which is not really enough to maintain equilibrium when I use the van for the commute.

Going to look at a solar panel to trickle charge too.

The thing I’ve noticed with the EF compared to the AllPowers I had before (which ended up bricked) is the quiescent drain - just running the EF with it connected to the van wi-fi (with the 12v and 240v outputs off) and the mobile mi-fi unit plugged into USB on the front it is consuming power quicker than I expected.

The obligatory’me too’ post. Now running the office Mac’s and routers as a trial.

Arrived with 30% stuck it on charge best I could get was 600w. I’ll play more tomorrow

View attachment 192032

View attachment 192033

View attachment 192034

View attachment 192035
What a crock of sh*t! :mad: I set it to charge last night to 90%. Got up this morning my office RCDs are blown, there is a burning smell and the AC charging doesn’t work FFS.

I cannot find a UK number to call but it’s going back, if they can’t replace it by Friday i’ll get my money back from Amex!

Some ya win some ya lose.

What a crock of sh*t! :mad: I set it to charge last night to 90%. Got up this morning my office RCDs are blown, there is a burning smell and the AC charging doesn’t work FFS.

I cannot find a UK number to call but it’s going back, if they can’t replace it by Friday i’ll get my money back from Amex!

Some ya win some ya lose.
What was you doing with it mick.?

Just charging it from the mains?

What's all is 90% charging malarkey everybody keeps doing? These boxes will last 10 years being fully charged every day?

What was you doing with it mick.?

Just charging it from the mains?

What's all is 90% charging malarkey everybody keeps doing? These boxes will last 10 years being fully charged every day?
‘What was you doing with it?’ Plugged into the mains, nothing else connected, turned it on, the fan started working, the display started turning, came back, office RCDs blown, smell of burning & that’s about it! It has that electrical burn smell about it. That’s about it. It didn’t even put in 1% never mind getting to 90%: the SOC was 28%!

Now I’ve read all this :mad: . Ecoflow is rated "Poor" with 2.1 / 5 on Trustpilot and they average 2.5 stars for customer satisfaction. I’ve stuck a snotty review on and we will see what they come back with.

Plus looks like they are based in Ostravice, CZ where @czmate1999 Jana is from. I’ll send her mama round. They’ll love that! :oops:

Oh dear.

I've got three EcoFlows and love em. And no issues.

Will it turn on?

Take a charge?

Do anything?

Yes it turns on which is how I know there is 28% still in it :slow rofl: . Is it too early lee :cool::whistle:

The USB ports work but I’m not even going to try the AC, WiFi is ok and the app connects. It is what it is. I am a retired Engineer, every piece of kit comes with a failure rate, I’ve had some real beauties over the years.

Most of the reviews are about the customer service not the kit so it’ll be interesting to see the speed of the response! Good job I don’t need it until the 29th!

I'd plug it in and see what happens.

You can limit the charge power via the app.

I think it can pull 1300w max.

To be fair they responded already and will start a return and replace procedure.
Hmm the reply is a joke & they can do one!

Their reply! My response below!

'Dear Mr. Kelly,

Thanks for your patience.

We have applied for a prepaid return label for you. We'll send it to you in 4 days.

Please pack your Delta 2 properly first, and after we send you the return label, please send the Delta 2 back to us according to the address on the return label. Once our warehouse has received the Delta 2, we will send you a new one.

Have a great day.
Best regards,
Dora
EcoFlow Customer Service Team'

Dora,

I am not satisfied with this answer. Under both UK and EU law this is incorrect.

Why can you not despatch a new unit IMMEDIATELY and the broken unit is returned to the same carrier on the same day.

I do NOT have to wait until you receive the old one for you to send a new one out. If you disagree I will carry out the following

Very simply here is my Process.

1. I will issue a refund request to my Amex. that will take 24-48 hours.
2. You can pick up the old unit at a time of my choosing with a 1-2 hour slot. i refuse to wait in all day for your courier.
3. I’ll find another unit that may well not be an Ecoflow.

As a reminder I am the customer and I am currently very dissatisfied.

:uh run:

Power to the People!
And the CEO is getting it as well but I am a little more polite!
Hi Eli,

Hope this finds you well. Your Delta 2 was groundbreaking and is very popular amongst the camper van community in UK.

This is an appalling level of service: see below.

This arrived yesterday at an SOC of 30%, I plugged it in, it blew my home fuses, smells of burning and will not charge from AC. As a Chartered Engineer all electronic equipment suffers a failure rate and I accept this.

This whole process of return and replace will take a minimum of 10-14 days when you have UK suppliers that can deliver next day. So now I am off skiing on Friday with no power!

I sold my extremely good jackery to buy this. Now I am not so sure I have made the correct decision please prove me wrong..

Lol..
Go Mick.

There proceeded Seems fair enough though.

You send yours back, once they have it, they send out a new one.

I'd be happy with that.

Ecoflow is a Chinese company as far as I'm concerned. But they have distribution hubs dotted about including Europe.

Back