First time help with ecoflow setup

HI all,

This is my first thread as i can't seem to find the answer to my question. Apologies if its been answered but hopefully you can help or point me in the right direction

I have a T6.1 that i am about to start the conversion i have a few questions but the main one is about wiring and the ECOFLOW delta.

I already have the ecoflow delta 1 (not the newer version 2 but the older version 1) Its a great unit and i use it for external power when i need.

My plan is to use the ecoflow delta as my main power source in the campervan conversion and not bother with a leisure battery setup.
I will plan to install a crx50 fridge, some kind of led lighting and probably a few usb sockets in the back with a reading lamp or similar. My question is how do i wire up the different options to run off the ecoflow. Most builds and wiring diagrams i see run LED lights and fridge off the leisure battery. I think the crx50 fridge runs off 12v so would that plug into the cigeratte style socket and would i simply need to wire the male adaptor to the loose wires at he back of the fridge? What about the LED lights and usb points in the rear and roof of van should they plug into one of the main sockets of the delta

I like van furniture U shape furniture and the ecoflow would fit in the cupboard,I will probably install solar which i think will help when stationary and there is sun. If and when it run out of power i would simple remove and plug into 12dc in the front or chage when i get home. Is ther away to wire a simple charging point to the cuboad so i dont have to remove the ecoflow if it runs out

All thoughts are helpful and what i was really looking for is some kind of wiring diagram for the delta and way to make to work

Thanks for you help

Welcome.

I have recently bought a Delta Mini instead of a leisure setup for my van.

The Delta Mini lives in a cupboard in the back of the van and can be removed if necessary. I have installed a rubber strap that goes over the top of the Delta to keep it held in place - don't want it to become a missile in a crash!

I have run a 12v ignition live from the fuse box by piggybacking onto one in the centre column and this, along with a suitable earth, runs to the cupboard and I have an XT60 plug that plugs into the Delta. This is preferable to the 12v cigarette style charger that they supply as it can work lose and get hot - peak charge there is approx 8A going into the unit which equates to about 110W - this will trickle charge the Delta.

I have also plugged in the mains charging kettle lead and left the plug accessible in the cupboard so I can run a mains extension lead out to the van and plug in the Delta to top up the charge hat way.

I don't have solar but obviously this would also trickle charge it too.

This sorts out keeping it charged up.

For the devices and wiring of the various things that I run from the Delta....

I have some of these CBE USB and 3 pin mains sockets - one on either side of the van.

I ran the mains cable to the cupboard where the Delta is an terminated it with a 13a mains plug - this plugs into the Delta to power the 3 pin sockets but is also easy to unplug if I want to remove the Delta from the van.

I also ran the 12v wire from the USB sockets and from some LED lights into an inline fuse and ten fitted a DC5521 plug on the end - this plugs into the 12v output on the Delta. Again don't use the cigarette style plug as this may work loose.

You can see the wires over on the left in this pic - the cupboard lives here and they feed into the back of it.

IMG_1265.jpg

You can run the DC5521 12v output from the Delta into a mini fuse box and then connect up the fridge, LED lights, USB sockets etc to their own dedicated fuse.

I also have a mobile broadband hotspot and a CCTV camera powered by the USB sockets on the front of the Delta too.

Basically I have everything connected to the Delta via 4x plugs making it very easy to unplug and remove the unit if required - quick release if you will.

Last edited:
HI T6blo

Thanks, this is a massive help and i totally understand how i can now make it work for me now.... very helpful, much appreciated.

I think i will get solar which will connect via xt60 which i can then swap out for a different xt60 which will be connected to 12v ignition. This way i can trickle charge from solar when stationary and from ignition battery when on the move. My First question is if i leave the 12v from ignition in will it only charge when moving or will it keep drawing power even when stationary and potentially run the main ignition battery flat. And Is there a way of having both, ie another unit with both xt60 plugged in that then automatically charges form 12v when engine on and solar when turned off or stationary?

You mentioned you piggybacked this via the fuse box by piggybacking onto one in the centre column and this, along with a suitable earth, runs to the cupboard
HOw did you do this?

And i think i understand it right and you suggested running the usb sockets, fridge and LEDs all from the ecodelta ciggy 12v socket via separate fuse box, however will it not over draw the system?

Thanks again for all your help

Interested in following this as we are debating the same question of solar bank vs permanent leisure setup as we plan our future conversion. We would also be looking to run a fridge, few lights and USB points.

Good luck with your project.

HI T6blo

Thanks, this is a massive help and i totally understand how i can now make it work for me now.... very helpful, much appreciated.

I think i will get solar which will connect via xt60 which i can then swap out for a different xt60 which will be connected to 12v ignition. This way i can trickle charge from solar when stationary and from ignition battery when on the move. My First question is if i leave the 12v from ignition in will it only charge when moving or will it keep drawing power even when stationary and potentially run the main ignition battery flat. And Is there a way of having both, ie another unit with both xt60 plugged in that then automatically charges form 12v when engine on and solar when turned off or stationary?

You mentioned you piggybacked this via the fuse box by piggybacking onto one in the centre column and this, along with a suitable earth, runs to the cupboard
HOw did you do this?

And i think i understand it right and you suggested running the usb sockets, fridge and LEDs all from the ecodelta ciggy 12v socket via separate fuse box, however will it not over draw the system?

Thanks again for all your help

No problem at all.

The ignition fed live is exactly that - only live (and trickle charging) when your key is in the ignition and turned so that the dashboard lights come on.

No issues with main starter battery going flat unless you leave the key in the ignition and turned on without engine running.

You could get one of these so that the solar and ignition live both connect but be careful as I’ve never done this myself - @Dellmassive might know more e.g. if there is an issue where both would be live at the same time? or whether you’d need a changeover switch of some kind.

You piggyback onto the fuse box using something called ‘add a fuse’…

Have a read of this thread for details Installing 12v Socket /s - How Its Done -

The LED lights, plus USB sockets will be very low draw current wise, the spec of your delta says it can handle up to 8a on the 12v cigarette socket.

You need to research the current draw of your fridge - the CRX50 manual says it needs a 15a fused 12v supply so this *might* be too much for the Delta to handle with the LEDs and USBs.

I suspect the actual current draw will be much less than 15a once at operating temperature and it surges when first turned on.

You could always split the LEDs and USBs and plug them into the USB outputs of the Delta instead but you’d need slightly different sockets. Something like this instead….

Having said all of this you need to consider how long you are likely to be ‘off grid’ and for example how long the fridge might need to run on 12v to ensure the Delta can do what you need.

Interested in following this as we are debating the same question of solar bank vs permanent leisure setup as we plan our future conversion. We would also be looking to run a fridge, few lights and USB points.

Good luck with your project.
Me too, great thread and becoming popular as new van owners without any battery setups will have to decide the options and complexity. 1st job is sound deadening which means panels off and therefore good time for electric planning and prep work.

thanks @t6blo and @Dellmassive for massive contributions to my understanding.

I’m

Yeah the info was really helpful. At the end of the month i plan to get windows put in and start to strip and add the insulation.......so almost decided on wiring
I think i have decided to get a big solar fitted on the roof as i reckon this will be the best way to top up the Ecoflow,

Any suggestions on best semi flexible solar panel for the for ecoflow delta?
off the top of my head i think the ecoflow can take up to 400w and i plan to have it fitted to roof...

I reckon solar connected via xt60 is a bit easier and probably more efficient than "piggybacking" the ignition fuse. I'm also unsure on using a dual xt60 with both ignition and solar at the same time, might overload the input.

I also don't plan on fitting external hook up. However due to the ease of the ecoflow delta if i need to i can always remove from cupboard and charge from van DC whilst driving or simply run a camping cable to a campsite hookup .....

I'm also unsure on using a dual xt60 with both ignition and solar at the same time, might overload the input.
- dont combine the solar and IGN.

you need to have them separate and plug/unplug either - or.

or use a switch to switch between.

+++++++++++++

technically combining power sources is possible by using blocking Diodes to stop any reverse current flow. . . .

but not good practice or advised due to a single point failure that could lead to disaster

++++++++++++++

also dont forget there is a setting in the EF to switch between CAR and MPPT mode, CAR mode limits the input to 8A.

MPPT mode allows higher power based on a higher solar voltage.

so plug in a change setting is easy to do.

Thanks dellamassive for advice, most of the suggested posts are interesting but don't really match what i'm after which is solar straight into my EF so no need for vicron

I think i will stick to solar input and no ignition feed. I want to get the biggest solar i can get so Im guessing something like this would work.

Correct me if im wrong but as long as its within the EF solar input range (which is below) it should work with direct input to the ecflow

400W 10-65V DC 10A max

Would someone be able to give me advice on this, I've been trying to work this out all day.

Im trying to figure out if the delta 2 is enough power for me as a replacement to a leisure battery set up or would i need to go to the delta 2 max. Id like to be able to go offgrid for a week or two at a time.

I will be running the CRX50 Dometic 24 hrs a day, charging a macbook air M2 once a day, charging phone once a day, and a 25w LG monitor for 6 hours a day.

I will also have 2 of the ecoflow 100w flexi panels on the roof.

I've read that the total power the fridge will use in 24 hrs is 280watts, not sure if this is without opening the doors etc.

Any advice on this id really appreciate it, Im planning on purchasing the unit tomorrow to get on the road :)

Cheers!

Don’t forget you can also trickle charge the Ecoflow via a 12v ignition live - so it will charge when engine running instead of the solar input if it is dark or raining.

Would someone be able to give me advice on this, I've been trying to work this out all day.
I can't answer all of the above. But I'm trying to do something similar. I tested my new CRX50 being powered from the EFD2 the other day. It was at room temperature. The EFD2 was at 80%. The EFD2 was showing 13 hours until depleted. 50 watts going out if I remember right.

The CRX50 won't use as much power as this once it's cool. But i think we'll need to be extremely careful of how much power were drawing from the EFD2 to avoid it running out. I'm thinking ice blocks in the fridge to get it cool before setting off, and trying to charge/power as much as possible from other sources.

I've got 200W solar too. In full sunshine I think it'll easy keep the fridge powered. Seems that way from other posts I've read. Its the night time that's an issue.

I don't think it stacks up against a leisure battery system. But depends what you want. I couldn't be arsed to install (another) leisure battery system. And I love using the EFD2 around the house etc. I'll only be using it for long weekends away

Last edited:

Im trying to figure out if the delta 2 is enough power for me as a replacement to a leisure battery set up or would i need to go to the delta 2 max. Id like to be able to go offgrid for a week or two at a time.

I will be running the CRX50 Dometic 24 hrs a day, charging a macbook air M2 once a day, charging phone once a day, and a 25w LG monitor for 6 hours a day.

I will also have 2 of the ecoflow 100w flexi panels on the roof.

I've read that the total power the fridge will use in 24 hrs is 280watts, not sure if this is without opening the doors etc.

Any advice on this id really appreciate it, Im planning on purchasing the unit tomorrow to get on the road :)

Cheers!

A week or two off-grid...

That's a big ask.

I had the EF delta 2 at summer camp, running two fridges, usb , TV, camp lights etc etc... That lasted about 2days before flat..... Even with 400w solar in the roof it still needed up flat as we had a few grey days with no sun.. so still had to plug into a EHU for a quick recharge.

I used a buffer lithium battery to trickle charge 24/7, that was charged with 400w on roof.

The delta 2 is 1000wh.

The 2 max is 2000wh.

So I'd suggest you needed the EF delta 2 max.

200w solar on the roof will help, provided it's sunny every day.

But as above you will need additional way of charging if you run low on power.

Running from van is a 100w. Slow charge.

So it's best to borrow someone's EHU for a quick charge up.

Or ask campsite office to plug in for a recharge.

To work it all out,

Add up all the watts. And wh. Per day.

Then divide that by the 1000/2000wh in the D2 or D2 Max.

Thanks guys.

Yeh i think im going to go with the new delta 2 max. Its just annoying about the 100w slow car charging. But i see videos where they use a dc to dc inverter to change the voltage from 12v to 30v and it increased the wattage to over 300w charging, so at least theres an option there if i need it.

I've also just noticed the car charging cable is only 1.5 meters so wont be enough length, im planning on putting the unit at the very back of the van, as i have the u shaped furniture installed and it fits the best there due to its size. I do have the electrics for the tow bar that was installed at the back so i think il look if i can tap of the electrics there somehow.

I think it will work for me, the fridge is the top priority. Worst case scenario and theres no sun for a few days I can top it up with electric hook up somewhere.

Also with the ecoflow flexi panels, is there a need to put a barrier (plsatic sheet) between the panel and the roof to stop them getting too hot. I've read this can reduce the efficiency. Its only 2 x 100w panels, would the heat make a big difference or would this be mainly for larger systems?

Thanks again!

I have the ecoflow delta 1 setup which i use a 250w solar pannel on the roof to charge, it works to power most of my needs and lasts a weekend and longer, fridge, lots of devices, roof lights, however as you might expect its sun dependent of which there isnt much atm . Thanks to this forum and the help, I decided to power a little fuse box from the 12dc output (cigerate lighter) and then to the lights and fridge. The input comes from solar on roof via the xtc ( i thinkthats the connectors name) Anyway if i need to charge because no sun then i take the EF and charge via cig out on van when on the move Works a treat

Vey good!! Yeh its a great blog for sharing ideas.

I was chatting with the ecoflow distributor here in Ireland and she was telling me on a cloudy day over the weekend she was still managing to get 140w on the two 100w panels, so il be interested to see if il run out of power or not :)

Il keep yas posted anyway, on how i get on. Il be purchasing the delta 2 max today and i have a week trip planned around Ireland next Monday.

Hi all, I hope this is the right place for my ignorant question: is it possible to have fast charging for an Ecoflow unit as with the Clayton (Power LPS II 1500 or similar)???

My acknowledge about these systems is limited to me being able to switch on my River 2 Pro, that's it. It would be great to be able to charge it quickly with the engine running... Instead of the slow cigar plug option

Back