Ecoflow Delta 2

Lol..
Go Mick.

There proceeded Seems fair enough though.

You send yours back, once they have it, they send out a new one.

I'd be happy with that.

Ecoflow is a Chinese company as far as I'm concerned. But they have distribution hubs dotted about including Europe.
Fair my a*se. If I have a return on amazon, they send me a return label by email, I take to a drop off point, it’s checked in and then immediately my refund is issued or a replacement is in the post.

Equally Apple will send you a replacement and it is a one for one swap (you give them the problem item, they hand you the new replacements) with the courier all within 24 hours.

This lot want to send me a label (4 days) I then take it somewhere, it goes into transit to Europe (4-7 business days) they receipt it, log it in and then send me a new one (4-7 business days). It’s anything but fair and I am not happy about it .

The founders are Eli Harris an American and 2 American Chinese.

I’m off skiing on Sunday, I’m flying, but on my return I am off to the lakes for hiking for 4 days. With their proposed timeline I’m not gonna see it back in time. Amex refund 48 hours, order another next day delivery job done and then they can come and pick up the busted one!

rant over! Sun is out :thumbsup:

Power to the People!

100% x 2! I have to give it to them though! Playing your face, politely, always works better as I found as a director sorting out customer complaints.

The ’Someone senior’ has apparently got involved. The new one will be here tomorrow. They offered me some compensation of an umbrella, camping lights or an EcoFlow linen bag! Camping lights it is!

Coincidentally, or nor, a credit check was done on me last night by an unnamed EU company! They do not appear to be so precious now about the return and the label will be here whenever. :thumbsup:

I think I've pretty much convinced myself to get the EF Delta 2 for my camper conversion too.

I'd like to know what 1024wh is in ampere hours though, so I can more easily weigh up the benefits and drawbacks.

A quick Google suggests ah = wh ÷ V

Assuming we're running some 12v LED lights with the EF Delta 2...

ah = 1024 ÷ 12
ah = 85.3

Start running 240v stuff and your down to 4.2 ah

Am I calculating this correctly? Not a lot of capacity.

I'm still tempted however. I'm drawn to the ease of the electrical installation with the EF Delta 2. The design of the system will be simpler and I don't have to work out how to connect everything up properly.

Charging time also a drawback as dellmassive mentions in various threads

Last edited:
yep thats sounds about right.

1679672040825.png

quick maths say:

100ah 12v lithium will have about 1200Wh.

100ah 12 AGM will have 600Wh ( due to 50% dod)

and the Delta2 has 1024Wh which equates to about 84Ah.

but remember the Delta2 is lithium, so you can use all 84Ah - a 84Ah SLA only has 42Ah usable.

++++++++++

Wh is a better way of looking at Lithium packs - ie total power of the pack..

as in the before days manufacturers use to quote the Ah/mAh - but at the cell voltage of 3.7v - so squewing the numbers to make things look better

ie

2000mA @ 3.7v = 7.4w/wh

2000mA @ 12v = 24w/wh

++++++++++

Something I never thought about was the drain on the EcoFlow just with it being ‘on’ and the BT/Wi-fi running so I can connect to it via the app.

Something I never thought about was the drain on the EcoFlow just with it being ‘on’ and the BT/Wi-fi running so I can connect to it via the app.
the bluetti used to be 1% per hour, not so great.

so flat after 4 days.

the EF and Anker units are much better with the power management.

havent test it yet.

but it depends on USB ports ON/OFF,

inverter for main on/off etc etc,...

the bluetti used to be 1% per hour, not so great.

so flat after 4 days.

the EF and Anker units are much better with the power management.

havent test it yet.

but it depends on USB ports ON/OFF,

inverter for main on/off etc etc,...

I’m currently running my Delta Mini like this…

BT/wireless on for using the app
240v off
12v off
1x of these fully charged and plugged into the USB on the front of the EF which keeps the mifi internal battery topped up to 100% as needed

Charge to 100% via mains and losing 8% EF battery per 24 hrs approx,

Wel, as a part of the ongoing apology from Ecoflow their compensation ‘camping lights’ (plural) arrived to day.

here ya go :slow rofl: . 2 light levels and a flashing strobe:thumbsup:. Better than a p[oke in the eye with a sharp stick - word bro:whistle:

Edit: with pass through charging :)

tempImagever559.png

tempImagezV231U.png

tempImageLtWGzT.png

tempImage7I1VIQ.png

I've caved in and got the EF D 2. Couldn't resist with CCTV KITS discount (vweco10). It'll be the main power source for my weekend+ camper conversion. Mainly because I cannot be bothered to build a leisure battery system, and like post #1, I like toys too. I might regret it. This summer will be the test to see if it's up to the job.

PXL_20230405_121829143.jpg

Last edited:
I've caved in and got the EF D 2. Couldn't resist with CCTV KITS discount (vweco10). It'll be the main power source for my weekend+ camper conversion. Mainly because I cannot be bothered to build a leisure battery system, and like post #1, I like toys too. I might regret it. This summer will be the test to see if it's up to the job.

View attachment 194810
Welcome to the club.

They are awesome mobile power boxes.

The only issue using them as a substitute leisure battery is charge speed.

Limited to 8A via 12vdc. About 100w .

1000wh battery, charged at 100w is 10 hours with the engine running or with solar.

So keep an eye on your loads and your re charge rate.

So keep an eye on your loads and your re charge rate.
Ye I plan to try and take as much load off the EF Delta as possible. Ice packs for the fridge. Separate battery powered LED lights when possible. And the Anker for phone charging.

Perhaps a topic for another thread...but... I might use the Ecoflow credits on 2 100W flexible solar panels wired in series.

Can't see mention of Ecoflow solar panels in your solar threads. Any reason to avoid them?

Ye I plan to try and take as much load off the EF Delta as possible. Ice packs for the fridge. Separate battery powered LED lights when possible. And the Anker for phone charging.

Perhaps a topic for another thread...but... I might use the Ecoflow credits on 2 100W flexible solar panels wired in series.

Can't see mention of Ecoflow solar panels in your solar threads. Any reason to avoid them?
no reason apart from the are expensive for what they are,

and you can get the same thing cheaper from other brands.

any solar panel will work provided you are within the VOC limits ( up to 10A for your Delta)

when compoairing look at the VOC,ISC,Max power data.

then the quality of the build and cables - which is hard to do from pics alone.

Ok cheers

£100 off with 2K ecoflow credits. I'm going to find it difficult to say no. Makes them a lot more cost effective.

this forum is saving costing me a fortune

I’m staying in the van in Farnborough and discovered a bit of a flaw in the Delta 2 that the Jackery does not have.

If you leave the AC switched on, with no load then the rectifier drains the battery quite significantly and the fan kicks in periodically with heat generated being quite significant.

I’ve gone from 90% last night down to 42%. The only thing plugged in is a coffee machine with just the clock running.

If I unplug there is little difference in %. If I unplug everything, leave the AC switch off it climbs to 66 hours of use left. Switch it on, nothing connected then it drops to 17 hours of use.

The fan kicked in a couple of times last night.

The Jackery never did that.

all battery pack loose some power when the inverter is switched on.

(48v internal battery pack)

the Bluetti was 1% per hours - so not good.

the Anker and EF units are much better.

ill do a test with mine here.

ill fully charge it,

then leave inverter ON for 24hrs, and see what happens..

1682756253345.png

88% now so ill charge and test.

++++++++

edit:

fully charged.

FW updated completed,

new APP vsn installed. ( the power flow front screen is 100% copy of the Bluetti screen - i dont like it, but you can swap back to the normal screen )

1682758467509.png

shows 100% AC OFF - max 99+ hours run time.

1682758449964.png

switching AC ON run time drops to 59 Hrs.

1682758515850.png

I've set timers to NEVER switch OFF UNIT & AC,

lets see what happens.

Last edited:
all battery pack loose some power when the inverter is switched on.

(48v internal battery pack)

the Bluetti was 1% per hours - so not good.

the Anker and EF units are much better.

ill do a test with mine here.

ill fully charge it,

then leave inverter ON for 24hrs, and see what happens..

View attachment 197493

88% now so ill charge and test.

++++++++

edit:

fully charged.

FW updated completed,

new APP vsn installed. ( the power flow front screen is 100% copy of the Bluetti screen - i dont like it, but you can swap back to the normal screen )

View attachment 197496

shows 100% AC OFF - max 99+ hours run time.

View attachment 197495

switching AC ON run time drops to 59 Hrs.

View attachment 197497

I've set timers to NEVER switch OFF UNIT & AC,

lets see what happens.

I’m doing the same :):rolleyes:

24 hrs later:

61% SoC,

38% drop over 24hrs. with mains inverter ON.

things i noticed:

BT if BT on and APP running you draw more power.

the unit gets warm and fans come on occasionally.

1682843447771.png1682843466851.png1682843457293.png

++++++++++++++

FWIW ,

when we go camping we use a much smaller inverter to run the fridge's and lights. ( plugged into to the EF 12v socket)

smaller inverter means smaller standby power draw.

but will also add in 12v conversion losses from the internal 48v battery pack.

+++

1682843801056.png

24 hrs later:

61% SoC,

38% drop over 24hrs. with mains inverter ON.

things i noticed:

BT if BT on and APP running you draw more power.

the unit gets warm and fans come on occasionally.

View attachment 197617View attachment 197619View attachment 197618

++++++++++++++

FWIW ,

when we go camping we use a much smaller inverter to run the fridge's and lights. ( plugged into to the EF 12v socket)

smaller inverter means smaller standby power draw.

but will also add in 12v conversion losses from the internal 48v battery pack.

+++

View attachment 197620
I came to the same conclusion. I saw 21% over 12 hours. It’s all good to know so now I have set the app to turn it off a lot quicker.

What I need to do is connect something up, my percolator on just the clock or something thats takes some power and see if the app turns off the AC even when something is being used.

Back