Ah, so you have an edgebanding machine, interesting.
I will probably be looking for some replacement cupboard doors sometime next year as I have managed to damage a couple of mine and really want to avoid knock-on trim.
Hi, yes we have had an edge bander for ages however its only good enough for straight and curves of certain radii. A lot of our furniture is curved and notched to be a spot on fit into the van. The edge bander wouldn’t touch these small details so we tend not to use it often. We use birch ply which allows all the details with a great oiled edge finish. You will often see conversions with back panels on, this makes fitting easier as you can do away with the fitted curves, however you lose space in the cupboards…. Also the use of edge banders drive the furniture design so many conversions look the same. That said, we will use it more in the future our flatpack kits.

Cheers,

Ian

Hi All,

I am moving posts from another thread to this one so you may have seen before.

This is not a review as such but just an update for those coming to visit and existing customers. We have recently upgraded our workshop so it may look different to Google. An entire new roof and front elevations have been installed thoroughly modernising the look of our business premises.

We are a van conversion company, trading for 12 years, undertaking all aspects of conversions, from in house cabinetry, vehicle upholstery, suspension and performance upgrades. We work with all major manufacturers and are an approved dealer for REVO. We are alkso a service center and can MOT any vehicle up to class 7

A new website is under development and will (hopefully) be live soon.

Photos of the new frontage, awaiting signs!!

All the best,
Ian

Eclipse Custom Vans, Yeovil, Somerset, BA215HR

20201031_161145_HDR_resized.jpg

20201031_161112_HDR_resized.jpg

20201031_161034_resized.jpg

Hi all,

I am moving posts from another thread to this one so you may have seen before. This is a post originally form summer 2020

Just thought I would let any interested parties know that we are now a dealer for KW suspension and are using many of their excellent ST-X coil over kits. There are many posts on the forum ref Coil overs so I won’t go over that again, but suffice to say, a set of coil overs are a fantastic upgrade and one many of our customers wish they had done sooner.

If you are in the Yeovil, Somerset area (or further afield) give us a shout. We are also dealers for Bilstein and can fit all of the current models if KW is not your thing, so have all bases covered. We do everything from Conversions, REVO remapping to Kombi fit outs.

Cheers,
Ian

ST.jpg

Nice T5 DSG Caravelle in for various jobs, REVO, splitter etc. They have just bought this so he has a long list of mods to do:thumbsup:

PXL_20221104_151245404.MP.jpg

PXL_20221104_110739445.MP.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely work.

Where do these go in the van, is it like a 'buddy box' that sits behind the passenger seat?
Hi, thanks. Wherever the customer wants, but yes typically behind the passenger or drivers seat. Here the customer is collecting, this compliments the POD we built fo them last year

Watermark 4.jpg

Reactions: CAB
Back