Dub Dogs, let’s see them :)

PXL_20220608_203836334.jpgPXL_20220501_183833793.jpg
This is Bob who is a terrible traveller! He is actually asleep in that second picture. Tried various ways of making his journey comfortable, used to always travel in his cage on the floor in the back but would stand up for the whole journey regardless of distance. He grew to hate going in his cage and would be a nightmare getting him in it and he would then moan for hours on end. Not good when touring:cry:.Tried him sitting on the RIB seat strapped in using seat belt clip, worked well for a bit then he fell off one day under heavy braking. Another option failed! Just come back from a week in Scotland (5-hour journey). with the RIb seat in bed mode and the back part of the bed sloped up slightly, Bob strapped into the seat belt clip again and he loved it!! Jumped up straight away all week, waiting to be strapped in and lie down looking out the back window.

Having had 'bad travellers' in the past I know how difficult it can be - takes some of the pleasure out of going out when the pup starts shaking at the site of the van :(

If Bob changes his mind about the current configuration, have you ever tried one of the 'hammock things' which are designed for the back of cars but can be rigged for the back seat of a van if you are prepared to put in a couple of strong hooks to lash it to? I found the combination of being able to see out of the window and move fairly freely around the back seat made a big difference to my last girl. She was secured with a tether from her soft body harness that went around the seat head-rest and was slightly elasticated.

Dog rear-seat hammock (Amazon)

Car seat bungee

Having had 'bad travellers' in the past I know how difficult it can be - takes some of the pleasure out of going out when the pup starts shaking at the site of the van :(

If Bob changes his mind about the current configuration, have you ever tried one of the 'hammock things' which are designed for the back of cars but can be rigged for the back seat of a van if you are prepared to put in a couple of strong hooks to lash it to? I found the combination of being able to see out of the window and move fairly freely around the back seat made a big difference to my last girl. She was secured with a tether from her soft body harness that went around the seat head-rest and was slightly elasticated.

Car seat bungee

Car seat bungee
Never tried one of those. Hopefully he will continue to love his current setup:):) Like you say being able to move about relatively freely as his harness is from the middle of the bed with no chance of falling off either end is a big help

Good luck, he looks like a lovely chap.

Just a thought - years ago in a 'proper' motorhome one of our dogs would not settle and for a very short while I sat on the floor with him whilst the other half drove :eek:. Yes, I know it was wrong, we were on a busy road with nowhere to pull over.

OMG. It was horrendous, the noise, the vibrations, not being able to see anything out of the windows other than sky. Within a few minutes I was feeling incredibly sick and very quickly we had to find somewhere to stop and completely re-arrange things. No wonder the dog was so unhappy - never ever asked him to lay on the floor again, poor chap.

Good luck, he looks like a lovely chap.

Just a thought - years ago in a 'proper' motorhome one of our dogs would not settle and for a very short while I sat on the floor with him whilst the other half drove :eek:. Yes, I know it was wrong, we were on a busy road with nowhere to pull over.

OMG. It was horrendous, the noise, the vibrations, not being able to see anything out of the windows other than sky. Within a few minutes I was feeling incredibly sick and very quickly we had to find somewhere to stop and completely re-arrange things. No wonder the dog was so unhappy - never ever asked him to lay on the floor again, poor chap.
probably right even when he travels in the back of the car he is always looking out the window. Not that he can probably see much after he has wiped his nose all over it :slow rofl:

Well I may have cursed it, has been in the vets since lunchtime. Possibly pneumonia, possibly lung cancer. Preparing ourselves to have to say goodbye. House feels unpleasantly empty
Just been to say goodbye was a massive stomach ulcer and possibly more in his intestine, causing internal bleeding. He was very weak and it was the kind thing to let him sleep peacefully. Give all your dub dogs a big hug tonight

Just been to say goodbye was a massive stomach ulcer and possibly more in his intestine, causing internal bleeding. He was very weak and it was the kind thing to let him sleep peacefully. Give all your dub dogs a big hug tonight
That is the saddest news
Im so sorry but your right it is the best thing for him
Iv been there myself
Heartbreaking

oh f***ety f*** f*** :cry::cry:
that's made me cry...

been thinking about you guys all weekend. thoughts and all of that stuff to you and yours...

Sorry to hear that so sad:cry:

So sorry. There is nothing which hurts quite like this, the pain of loving your lad so much that you have to find the courage to do this.
Been there, done that, never hurts any less.
Shows what a bloody decent person you are that you've put his needs ahead of your own grief.
Take care.

So so sad. He’s running free now with no pain and knowing he lived his best life with you. Take care of yourself.

Back