Drop links - OEM?

Newcs

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Just had my MOT done and I had an advisory for a bent drop link. It looks like the OEM one and on checking the other side has been replaced with a non OEM one at some point.

I’ll replace both sides but my question is…..do I stay OEM or is there a better alternative that people have tested and have experience of?

I’m currently running So Low NSL at around 70mm drop on a 2017 T6.

IMG_0043.png

NSL on a T6 standard length drop links are ok

These Std length ones work great on my 6.1 T32 from ECP (I believe Steve @CRS Performance uses them)

I'd say they are better made than the OEM ones, just my 2p

These Std length ones work great on my 6.1 T32 from ECP (I believe Steve @CRS Performance uses them)

I'd say they are better made than the OEM ones, just my 2p
Great, I’ll take a look at them.

Personally oem, worth the extra cost.. had cheaper ones in the past and they didn’t last long.
Gone back to oem, with no further issues.

I’ve had Lemförders for 1.5 years now without issues. However my van is not lowered.

The OEM drop links are actually U-shaped profile

1702616413867.png

I did some research back at the time and concluded Lemförder is top aftermarket quality, and they are OEM provider for BMW. Their drop links felt more substantial in hand than OEM ones and look better made.

1702617044983.png

Take what you will from above, just another 2c

Forgot to say mines lowered 70mm on H&R C\O & H&R ARB with the Lemforder ones & been on a year without issues.

The OEM ones I had on I’d got knocking on one side after 2years & they look flimsy compared to the Lemforder ones so hoping they last longer.

Hi @BikerPa
If you have a 6.1 and lowered, should you be using a longer drop link ?
Not for the drop on my van. Its not lowered much, just more that the Koni Special actives suit with a fixed spring seat.

Adjustable coilovers were used on mine to match the original drop as ADAS calibration took 3 main dealers to achieve, I didn’t want to change the stance & go through another 18months of grief. (a V long story)

Std length are what @CRS Performance advised.

Just out of interest, how hard are the drop links to change? Much else needs to removed to swap? I’ve got a knock one side of mine and it was suggested to try this a cheaper option than top mounts first, with it being a consumable on a lowered van

Last edited:
Quite easy to change but make sure you take the weight off both front wheels before removing.

Open sided sockets make life a lot easier to torque up with a key in the end of the stud to hold it without spinning.

Back